Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Chris Stapleton OK? Fans worried as Grammy-winning country star postpones upcoming shows following 'doctor's orders'

2023-10-12 17:50
Fans hoped for Chris Stapleton's speedy recovery as the singer announced new dates for his rescheduled shows
Is Chris Stapleton OK? Fans worried as Grammy-winning country star postpones upcoming shows following 'doctor's orders'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Grammy-winning country singer Chris Stapleton announced that some of his All-American Road Show Tour dates in Louisiana and Texas have been postponed because he remains on vocal rest owing to bronchitis and laryngitis.

The 45-year-old celebrity apologized for the inconvenience as he posted a statement on his Instagram on Wednesday, October 11, where he detailed having bronchial tube and larynx (voice box) inflammation.

The 'Tennessee Whiskey' singer added that "doctor's orders" had compelled him to reschedule the next three concerts of his statewide tour.

The Grammy-winner told his more than 2.2 million followers, "To all my friends in Corpus Christi, Houston, and Lafayette, I am very sorry to let you all know that I am unable to perform this weekend’s shows."

He explained, "I have bronchitis and laryngitis, and on doctor’s orders am on vocal rest through the weekend in order to heal. I’m grateful for your patience and understanding, and hope to see you all in November."

Apparently, similar circumstances led the 'Tennessee Whiskey' singer to cancel performances in 2021 after developing laryngitis, as per CNN,

Stapleton shared at the time that his doctors had advised voice rest, following which he had rescheduled the concerts in Nashville and South Dakota.

What are the rescheduled dates of Chris Stapleton's All-American Road Show Tour?

Stapleton stated in the photo caption that "all tickets will be honored for the rescheduled dates."

The new dates are as follows: Stapleton will perform in Lafayette, Louisiana on November 16 instead of October 14, in Houston, Texas on November 17 as opposed to October 13, and on November 18 in Corpus Christi, Texas postponed from October 12.

Therefore, three of Stapleton's concerts, which were originally scheduled for this weekend, have been moved to November. Before beginning the UK and Ireland portion of his tour, he is next slated to perform on October 19 in San Antonio.

The 'You Should Probably Leave' singer has embarked on his first solo headlining tour with the All-American Road Show.

The tour acted as support for the promotion of his second, third, and fourth studio albums: 'From A Room: Volume 1' and 'From A Room: Volume 2' from 2017 and 'Starting Over' from 2020.

The eight-time Grammy winner is gearing up to release his upcoming fifth studio album, 'Higher.'

According to Billboard, the lead single off the album, 'White Horse,' which he released over the summer, has now peaked at No. 7 on Hot Country Songs and No. 31 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Concerned fans wished for Chris Stapleton's 'speedy recovery'

Following Stapleton's announcement of his health crisis, worried fans and followers took to social media to pour well wishes for the singer.

One fan wrote on X (formerly Twitter), where the singer posted his statement alongside Instagram, "Wishing you a speedy recovery"

A second concerned fan said, "Get some rest and we’ll see you November 16th in Lafayette!!!!"

"If there’s one voice that needs to be protected, it’s this one! Get well, Chris. And come see us in Southeast Asia…. Blessings from Indonesia!" exclaimed an Indonesian fan.

One fan typed, "Prayers for a speedy recovery," while another came said, "Speedy recovery Chris!"

Several Instagram followers also wished the singer to get well soon, with one commenting, "Take care of yourself! I don’t think we could handle the heartbreak of losing your voice."

A second Instagram follower typed, "You can’t pour from an empty cup… rest up!"

"Man that voice is beyond gold it’s platinum. Generational voice and vocal talent. Take care of it brother it brings happiness to millions," exclaimed yet another fan of his.

One more wrote, "I'm so glad your listening to your body and your Dr. Rest up. Feel better soon."

American singer-songwriter John Mayer also commented saying, "Rest up and get well soon."

Tags news