Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Tory Lanez confess after his 10-year sentence? Rapper makes a lengthy statement before judge in Megan Thee Stallion shooting case

2023-08-18 06:57
'If I could go into it, I would, but I know that this is not the place for that,' said Tory Lanez in court
Did Tory Lanez confess after his 10-year sentence? Rapper makes a lengthy statement before judge in Megan Thee Stallion shooting case

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Tory Lanez was convicted and handed over 10 years imprisonment for shooting fellow rapper Megan Thee Stallion.

However, in an Instagram post following the judgment, the ‘Say It’ singer told one of his fans that he ‘always will’ maintain his innocence.

“I refuse to apologize for something that I did not do," the 31- year-old wrote. This is contrary to the statement he gave on August 9 before the judge during his two-day hearing.

Did Tory Lanez confess after his 10-year sentence?

The rapper asked the judge for leniency and a sentence that would let him ‘prove’ himself. "I want to say that everything that I did wrong that night I take full responsibility for," Lanez said.

He continued, "I take full culpability for. And I am mature enough to say where I was wrong. If I could go into it, I would, but I know that this is not the place for that. But I do take responsibility for my wrongs. "

According to the court documents, Lanez stated, “I just want to first and foremost say that everything that I took part in — and my lawyers, you know, asked me not to go into certain details of certain things and I'll respect that being that there's a time and a place. And I missed my time to say certain things. But as a person who was in this situation, I want to say that everything that I did wrong that night I take full responsibility for.”

“I take full culpability for. And I am mature enough to say where I was wrong. If I could go into it, I would, but I know that this is not the place for that. But I do take responsibility for my wrongs, it further said.

What did Megan Thee Stallion say in her statement before sentencing?

Megan Thee Stallion has asked for a stricter sentence against Lanez earlier. “Since I was viciously shot by the defendant, I have not experienced a single day of peace,” Megan’s statement read.

“Slowly but surely, I’m healing and coming back, but I will never be the same.” The statement was heard in the court on August 7, as per People.

Prosecutors asked the judge to hand down a 13-year sentence to Lanez, whose real name is Daystar Peterson.

As per the AP, the ‘LUV’ crooner was given 10 months of credit for the time he already served since his conviction in December.

Tags news