Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Shakira takes yet another shot at ex-BF Gerard Pique's infidelity with cheeky reference in new song 'Empty Cup'

2023-06-21 21:49
Shakira deduced Gerard Pique was cheating on her when she discovered strawberry jam - a flavor neither she nor her children liked - in her cabinet
Shakira takes yet another shot at ex-BF Gerard Pique's infidelity with cheeky reference in new song 'Empty Cup'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Shakira's vicious jabs at her ex-boyfriend Gerard Pique don't seem to be stopping any time soon. The singer takes yet another shot at Pique in the preview of her upcoming single 'Empty Cup'. Fans soon picked up on the reference to her breakup from the footballer when the hitmaker, 45, shared a six-second sample from the new song on Instagram.

Since their breakup in June 2022—following her discovery that he had cheated on her thanks to an empty jar of jam in her refrigerator—Shakira hasn't shied away from making references to Gerard's infidelity scandal in her songs. The artist had earlier released the nasty song 'Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol 53', which was rife with allusions to Gerard's breakup and his new girlfriend Clara Chia. The 'Hips Don't Lie' singer will release a new song that she co-produced with Manuel Turizo on June 29.

'Give me your attention'

In the preview, Shakira sings: "You are always busy with so much business," making many allusions to her breakup with Gerard. "It would be nice, my love, a little leisure / Relax here on the sofa and give me your attention / The phone rings, use your hand with me / I know you're hot, but I'm much hotter." The 'Waka Waka' singer posted a video of herself surfing across the ocean on Instagram with the phrase, "On mermaid watch," as a sneak peek of the new song.

Shakira and Pique parted ways last year after 11 years of relationship, and the athlete has since been accused of cheating on her. When the 46-year-old singer discovered strawberry jam in her cabinets—a flavor neither she nor her children liked—it aroused her suspicions that the player was cheating, as per reports. After they broke up, Gerard moved on and started dating Clara Chia. Meanwhile, Shakira is dating Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton, according to rumors.

'You look like you’re living the life'

The latest jab at her ex led fans to go wild in the comments, with one writing, "This is the result of walking away from 'toxic' people." A second fan said, "Super happy for you! you look like you’re living the life." Others were astounded to witness her surfing prowess in the video as she took to the waves, asking, "Is there something she doesn't know how to do?" Another fan asked, "Serious question ... is there anything Shakira can't do right?"

Are Clara Chia and Gerard Pique getting married?

Shakira is releasing the promo for 'Empty Cup' following speculation that Gerard and Clara intend to announce their engagement this weekend. "Gerard Pique and Clara Chia are going to get married," an insider told Spanish media. "The ex-footballer and his girlfriend have taken this very important decision."

Tags news