Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Myke Wright? Lizzo calls beau her 'favorite artist' as she promotes his new album 'Moxie' on social media

2023-07-16 19:48
Lizzo revealed the definition of the word Moxie which is defined as a 'force of character, determination, or nerve'
Who is Myke Wright? Lizzo calls beau her 'favorite artist' as she promotes his new album 'Moxie' on social media

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Lizzo and Myke Wright originally became romantically involved in March 2021 but they only became Instagram official this past February. The duo gained attention after the 35-year-old American rapper revealed her connection with a "mystery man" in April 2022, reported Daily Mail.

Five months later, the pop star posted a picture of the couple cuddling on her Instagram profile, indicating that she may feel a little more at ease discussing the two of them in public. 'The Cuz I Love You' star also used the charming picture to support Moxie, her boyfriend's most recent album.

'My favorite artist'

Lizzo, real name Melissa Viviane Jefferson, 35, wrote in the caption, "Selfie with my favorite artist," before pushing her 13.5 million followers and fans to "stream Moxie." The Detroit native can be seen in the chest-up photo flashing a smile of complete pleasure while sporting only a plunging pink bra and a headband wrapped around her hairline. '2 Be Loved' hitmaker, who is now on tour, is pictured with blonde and light brown hair that is parted in the middle and flowing long and straight down her back.

Wright, 36, can be seen leaning against his girldfriend while shirtless as sunlight streaming in through a window illuminates part of his right arm, chest, and face. The musician, actor, and stand-up comedian has a center part and long, thin braids that partially cover his right shoulder. Wright, who has a neatly kept mustache and beard, also appears to be at ease and satisfied in the picture. The pop star continued to promote Wright's new album, Moxie, in the second half of the Instagram post by revealing the definition of the word, which is defined as a "force of character, determination, or nerve."

Who is Myke Wright?

Wright is a multifaceted artist who is best known as a stand-up comedian, actor, designer, and host. He relocated to Los Angeles in 2012 to further his career after leaving his hometown of Detroit. He is also well-known for being Lizzo's boyfriend. Although they started dating in 2022, the two had been acquainted since 2016 when they co-hosted MTV's music program "Wonderland," as per PEOPLE.

The two have a love of music, among other things. While Lizzo is primarily known for her singing, Wright has also played in two other bands. According to his interview with VoyageLA, he started an alternative hip-hop group called Phresh Heir after forming The Grey Level, an all-Black rock band, in high school with three of his closest friends.

A few days prior, Wright gave an explanation of how he came to adopt the name "Moxie" for this project on his Instagram page. Along with a photo-shopped image of former US President Bill Clinton holding the Moxie vinyl album, he wrote in the caption, "I became obsessed with the word last year (happens a lot)." "It accurately summed up how everyday we all have to generate the courage to truthfully present ourselves in the world. For me, especially, overcoming the illusion of perfection and enjoying the ride," he said. Then he described how he would write one track for the album with the intention that "the subsequent song would sound nothing like its predecessor." The personal challenge, according to Wright, produced "a variety of sounds, structures, and genres with their only commonality being that I made them."

Tags news