Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Tom Cruise and Scarlett Johansson could finaly be set to appear on screen together

2023-06-20 18:50
'She’s someone that really draws you in on the screen, on camera,' Cruise said about Johansson
Tom Cruise and Scarlett Johansson could finaly be set to appear on screen together

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: It appears that Tom Cruise and Scarlett Johansson are in agreement about joining forces for a movie project. The 60-year-old actor said he would "absolutely" be thrilled to be working with the 38-year-old 'Avengers' actress during the Rome premiere of his most recent film 'Mission: Impossible — Dead Reckoning Part One' which hits theaters July 12.

He expressed interest in working together after hearing Johansson say that Cruise is the last big celebrity she'd like to share a screen with at the New York premiere of her new Wes Anderson picture, Asteroid City. On June 13, she told The Hollywood Reporter on the red carpet, "I'd love to work with Tom Cruise," and she expressed the hope that Hollywood execs would propose a movie idea that worked for them.

'Yes. It’s gonna happen'

'The Black Widow' actress is "amazing," according to the 'Top Gun: Maverick' actor, who praised the actress, saying, "There’s a great actress and a movie star." When questioned by Lorenzo Cecioni of THR Roma if he believes they can co-star in a project, he replied, "Yes. It’s gonna happen."

'It’d be fun'

It's typical for actors to compliment one another in order to keep their choices open, but Cruise's enthusiam about having Johansson as a co-star indicated he was actually interested . He said, "Look, I’ve watched her career her whole life. She’s enormously talented, very charismatic. It’d be fun. She could do everything. She could do comedy, drama, action, suspense. She’s someone that really draws you in on the screen, on camera. So absolutely, it’s gonna happen."

'I love that cinema experience'

The actor, 60, also discussed his enthusiasm for creating films that inspire audiences at the presentation of his new movie, which is certain to wow fans. "I love that cinema experience, and this film was made for that," he stated. "I've always been studying any new programs that they have and any way that I can engage an audience and make it more entertaining, more immersive. Look, I have always wanted to make movies and travel the world and to be able to have this opportunity now, this is what I wanna do."