Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jonas Brothers' mom Denise tells 'Today' host Sheinelle Jones how she feels about sons' love lives

2023-08-22 15:51
Denise Jonas told Sheinelle Jones about bringing up the pop singers and the hurdles she faced on the way
Jonas Brothers' mom Denise tells 'Today' host Sheinelle Jones how she feels about sons' love lives

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Today’ host Sheinelle Jones recently sat down with the Jonas Brothers’ mom, Denise, for a candid interview about the singers and their love lives on Monday, August 21.

Denise spoke about her early perception of their star potential and her deep admiration for the women they married.

Denise Jonas reveals her favorite among Nick, Joe and Kevin

The interview kicked off with Sheinelle Jones asking Denise if “she has a favorite Jonas brother?”

Denise replied, “I think they all think Nick’s the favorite. But I really don’t have a favorite. I mean, there are different things for different ones."

Kevin exchanged vows with his wife Danielle in 2009. This was followed by Nick marrying Priyanka Chopra in 2018. In 2019, Joe married ‘Game of Thrones’ star Sophie Turner.

About her daughters-in-law, Denise said, “It feels absolutely wonderful because, as a mom, I’ve raised you this way and how are you gonna find someone that’s equal to you?"

"I could not be more blessed. And they’ve given us five beautiful granddaughters," Denise added.

Remiscing about bringing them up, Denise said, “I tended to be strict. Early on, my husband and I felt like, ‘We’re not just raising kids. We’re raising adults. And we want to raise them with the integrity and the moral values that we have.'"

Denise claimed she found the idea of raising boys "fun."

She reminisced about the joyous moments filled with laughter and “things breaking” that came with raising her sons, who displayed their remarkable musical abilities from a very tender age.

She said, “My husband is a real musician, a music lover. He recognized that at an early age in Nicholas specifically."

She continued, "He was three and he was singing a song, he hit a wrong note, and he backed up and he sang it correctly. At three. And my husband was like, 'This one is beyond me.'"

The Jonas Brothers were scouted by a manager and swiftly delved into the world of commercials.

Denise fondly reflected on those early days, where the focus was always on "what more can we accomplish," without ever anticipating the incredible success that would eventually come their way.

Denise Jonas admits she struggled with the Jonas Brothers' popularity

Denise admitted to grappling with her evolving role in her sons' lives as the Jonas Brothers' popularity skyrocketed.

She stated, “When we toured with them, I realized my role was being taken now by people that we paid."

She added, "There’s a catering company that cooks the meals and there’s someone who dresses them, does their laundry, irons everything. And it’s like, 'OK. What do I do?' It was tough."

The Jonas Brothers are currently on tour. Their journey spans nearly two decades, yielding six successful albums and amassing over 13 billion streams worldwide.

Their concerts continued to draw a euphoric response from fans, a sensation that resonated deeply with Denise, who fondly remembered being that passionate a fan herself.

Denise recalled, “It really fills my heart with joy. I remember being that girl. I want them to feel that way for my kid."

Amid the triumphs, things became tough when Nick was diagnosed with diabetes at just 13. Denise candidly shared the rollercoaster of emotions she experienced as a parent, guilt, anger, sorrow, and grief.

She revealed, “First you feel guilt. You go through this period of you as a parent thinking, 'What did I do to my child?’ And then you have anger that this happened."

She added, "And then you feel sorrow and grief because you’ve lost a part of your child. And you know that it’s something you’re going to deal with. It was tough."

Throughout their journey, the Jonas Brothers' highs far outweighed the lows. Denise expressed her delight in witnessing the love of their fans and the gift her sons bestowed upon people through their music and performances.

When Jones asked Denise if she had a favorite moment, she responded with, “The great response of their fans loving them. But also the gift they’re giving the people with what they were created to do."