Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is 'Wonder Woman 3' happening? Gal Gadot says third movie in development at James Gunn’s DCU, confuses fans

2023-08-03 20:55
'Things are being worked behind the scenes,' Gal Gadot revealed in an interview
Is 'Wonder Woman 3' happening? Gal Gadot says third movie in development at James Gunn’s DCU, confuses fans

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Gal Gadot, the beloved actress known for her portrayal of Wonder Woman, left fans confused when she dropped a hint about potentially playing the iconic role again. Making a special appearance at Netflix's Tudum fan festival, she left the audience curious with her response to a question about reprising her role as Diana Prince.

"Things are being worked behind the scenes and once the right moment arrives, you’ll know about it," Gadot told ET. Despite the initial plans for Gadot to return as Wonder Woman in a third installment, the film was scrapped in 2022 due to Peter Safran and James Gunn's decision to take the DC Universe in a new direction. Later that same year, the actress expressed her gratitude and the impact that portraying the iconic superhero has had on her life. "A few years ago it was announced that I was going to play Wonder Woman. I’ve been so grateful for the opportunity to play such an incredible, iconic character and more than anything I’m grateful for YOU. The fans. Can’t wait to share her next chapter with you," Gadot tweeted.

Is 'Wonder Woman 3' happening?

In an interview with ComicBook, Gadot revealed that she was actively involved in the development of 'Wonder Woman 3' alongside Safran and Gunn. "I love portraying Wonder Woman," Gadot said, adding, "It's so close to and dear to my heart. From what I heard from James and from Peter is that we're gonna develop a Wonder Woman 3 together."

'I thought the whole DCU was getting rebooted'

However, not all DCU fans are enthusiastic about the prospect of 'Wonder Woman 3' with Gadot reprising her role. They expressed confusion over the casting decisions for the characters, especially considering the recent complete reboot of the universe. One user wrote on Twitter, "I’m so confused. I thought the whole DCU was getting rebooted." Another added, "I thought we were free after the failure that was WW84 please give another actress a chance." A third said, "So Henry had to go, but she stays? Idk man," referring to the recent recasting of Henry Cavill's Superman.

"Everyone saying they don’t want it," said one, while another wondered, "What if she's just one of the producer? And they're making new wonder woman movie with someone else." A sixth user commented, "It’s not going to be a good look for Gunn if he half a***s this reboot. You can’t pick and choose who you want to keep. Booting Cavill and keeping Gadot should be a felony."