Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Jeopardy!' contestant Sharon Bishop wins hearts with hilarious blunder as fans want her back for 'Second Chance'

2023-07-30 14:55
Sharon Bishop made a major mistake while answering the first clue of the initial round, but she quickly turned the tables and ended up with $17,000
'Jeopardy!' contestant Sharon Bishop wins hearts with hilarious blunder as fans want her back for 'Second Chance'

CULVER CITY, CALIFORNIA: 'Jeopardy!', the trivia game, is especially known for bringing together a diverse set of contestants with interesting personalities on the Alex Trebek stage. Sharon Bishop is one contestant who stood out, quickly becoming a fan-favorite after her appearance on the latest episode.

Bishop is being remembered by 'Jeopardy!' viewers for her incredible performance, not just for showing off her extensive knowledge, but because many could relate to one of her mistakes. Some fans came forward saying that they would love to watch her in 'Jeopardy! Second Chance'.

Sharon Bishop's hilarious blunder on 'Jeopardy!'

While answering the first clue of the initial round, Bishop managed to make a major mistake, which got her down to negative points. The clue worth $200 was from the category 'Messin' with Texas' and said, "In 2014 Decatur, Texas rescheduled this holiday back to the 30th, as it conflicted with Friday night high school football." Bishop buzzed in and quite nervously answered, "What is football?" Apart from being an incorrect response, it was also far from what the clue was actually asking for, which was the name of a holiday, as the correct answer was "Halloween," which the returning champ Lucas Partridge got right.

'Jeopardy!' fans loved Sharon Bishop

While there were a couple of stumbles here and there for Bishop, she was quick to turn around the game in her favor. The Spanish teacher fired off correct responses easily by the time they reached Double Jeopardy, brushing away any nervousness she was experiencing behind the podium. Bishop ended up as the one in lead when they got down to Final Jeopardy with $17,000 to her name. However, she ended up landing in the second spot, just behind the three-day champ Partridge in the episode. Even though she did not become the champ, Bishop managed to win over many hearts as a 'Jeopardy!' contestant.

The viewers flocked to a Reddit thread on the r/Jeopardy subreddit to divulge their opinions on Bishop. One wrote, "I laughed my a** off at football and then by the end of the episode Sharon proved she’s pretty damn bright, just had some nerves like we all would," with another fan adding, "I was momentarily worried for Sharon after her first couple responses, but she quickly got over the nerves and played a hell of a game." A dedicated viewer commented, "Bummed for Sharon. I was really happy to see her overcome those early game jitters and play such great game," letting out their frustration about Bishop not getting the first spot. "Lucas is a crowd favorite! It sounded like there was a cheering section for him in the audience. Nice guy, great personality. See you in September Lucas! Tough break for Sharon. She was an excellent player and ran into some bad luck with that hard FJ," wrote one appreciating Bishop. Some 'Jeopardy!' viewers also seemed to want Bishop to be one of the 'Second Chance' contestants, as one stated, "I wonder if she’ll be in the pool for season 40 second chances as we don’t know how many games Lucas will win, and they only take two SCT per winner."