Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I'm ready, let's go': 'Today's Hoda Kotb shares how co-host Jenna Bush Hager is setting her up with a new man

2023-05-17 09:46
'Today' host Hod Kotb has revealed that her co-host Jenna Bush Hager is playing 'cupid' and set her up on a date with a new man
'I'm ready, let's go': 'Today's Hoda Kotb shares how co-host Jenna Bush Hager is setting her up with a new man

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: When people are having trouble in their relationships or finding it difficult to find a suitable partner, they turn to their friends and hope that they play cupid for them and it seems someone at NBC is doing the same for Hoda Kotb. The Emmy-winning journalist and the co-host of ‘TODAY’ has come forward in sharing details about her love life and noted that one of her co-hosts set her up on a date with a new man so that she could move on from her ex-fiance Joel Schiffman.

In January 2022, Kotb and her longtime beau Joel Schiffman announced that they are going their separate ways, after getting engaged in November 2019. The news was confirmed by the journalist herself during an episode of ‘TODAY’ and addressed the fans who had been asking her why she was not wearing her engagement ring. However, it seems she is ready to move on and her friends at ‘Today’ are helping her to find someone special.

READ MORE

'You made me what I had always dreamed': 'Today’ host Hoda Kotb celebrates her daughters with moving Mother’s Day tribute

'I’m over the moon she’s home': Hoda Kotb returns to 'Today' show after her 3-year-old daughter Hope's 'scary' visit to ICU

Kotb is ready to 'mingle' again and Jenna is playing cupid

In a recent interview given to The US Sun, the 58-year-old journalist noted her ‘Today’ co-host Jenna Bush Hager has “set her up” on a date with a new man who might become his prince charming. While talking at the 27th Annual Webby Awards in New York City, Kotb revealed that Jenna sent her a text recently and gave her the details about a man that she might be going out with. The host blushed while talking about the new mystery man and shared some vital details about him.

“Truthfully, Jenna sent me a text on some guy who she says I'm going out with. He seems very cute. I haven't met him yet, but Jenna is true to form. She said she's gonna set me up and she never disappoints,” Kotb said during the interview.

She didn’t shy away from sharing a few details about the mystery man and noted that he is not a “celebrity.” Kotb also made it clear that she doesn’t care about a man’s career if she is about to date him and would be fine if they talk about their professional lives after being in a relationship for three or four weeks.

New mystery man is not a 'celebrity'

“He is not a celebrity. He's an architect. You know, I don't think the profession is really, like, I don't think that's a typical thing for me. I almost sometimes would like not to know what they did and then, like, after three weeks for them to tell you. I'm ready! Let's go!” Kotb added.

Kotb’s engagement with Schiffman ended in January 2022, but they continue to be good friends. They began dating a couple of years before going public in 2015 and adopted their first daughter, Haley, in 2017. On the other hand, the former couple adopted their second daughter, Hope, in April 2019.

The former couple announced their engagement in 2019 and was looking to get married by 2020, but postponed it because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

However, in 2022, Kotb announced that they were getting separated and decided that they are “better as friends and parents than they are as an engaged couple.” Since then, they have been co-parenting and Schiffman continues to support Kotb in all her endeavors.