Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jungkook on missing his BTS bandmates: 'I felt the void of them not being next to me'

2023-11-10 18:28
Jungkook has opened up about the loneliness he has felt as a solo artist and is eagerness to reunite with BTS.
Jungkook on missing his BTS bandmates: 'I felt the void of them not being next to me'

Jungkook says the "synergy of BTS in 2025” will be “incredible".

The South Korean boy band have been on a break since last summer due to the band members - also including RM, Suga, Jin, J-Hope, V, and Jimin - focusing on solo projects and some carrying out mandatory military service.

And Jungkook – who released his debut solo album, ‘Golden’, on November 3 - has admitted he is missing his bandmates and is excited about their reunion.

Speaking to Zane Lowe on Apple Music 1, he said: “We were always together for so many years that I felt the void of them not being next to me. You know, I miss them… I think the synergy of BTS in 2025 will be incredible.”

Jungkook's quote echoes that of his bandmate V, who said when they announced their break, their “synergy will be like no other” when they regroup.

On the loneliness of being a solo artist, Jungkook said: “Preparing as a solo artist and also working as a solo musician… there were times where I really missed BTS.

"When I was in the green room or alone on stage, or even while having meals with the staff, the absence of their presence next to me became so apparent. We had spent so many years together that their absence left a noticeable void."

Announcing their hiatus, RM said it was time for them to work on their own, adding: “I always thought that BTS was different from other groups, but the problem with K-pop and the whole idol system is that they don’t give you time to mature.

“You have to keep producing music and keep doing something.”

J-Hope said: “I think we should spend some time apart to learn how to be one again. I hope you don’t see this as a negative thing and see it as a healthy plan. I think BTS will become stronger that way.”