Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Henry Winkler celebrates 78th birthday on 'The View' with 'jumping the shark' cake honoring iconic moment from 'Happy Days'

2023-10-31 15:20
Actor Henry Winkler appeared on 'The View' to promote his memoir 'Being Henry: The Fonz…And Beyond'
Henry Winkler celebrates 78th birthday on 'The View' with 'jumping the shark' cake honoring iconic moment from 'Happy Days'

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK CITY: Celebrating his 78th birthday, Henry Winkler commemorated the iconic 'jumping the shark' incident from a 1977 'Happy Days' episode with a specially crafted cake.

During a recent appearance on 'The View', the accomplished actor, was pleasantly surprised with a cake that paid homage to the legendary moment.

The 'Scream' actor has been married to Stacey Weitzman since 1978. Winkler was already a well-known name due to his role in 'Happy Days' when he first met Stacey in 1976.

The cake featured an intricate icing depiction of 'The Fonz', Winkler's character on the show, donning his trademark leather jacket and swim trunks, positioned atop a blue sponge adorned with a shark fin.

How long did Henry Winkler appear in 'Happy Days'?

From 1974 to 1984, Henry Winkler took on the role of Arthur 'Fonzie' Fonzarelli, affectionately known as 'the Fonz', in the popular '70s sitcom.

The phrase 'jumping the shark' was coined in response to Winkler's character leaping over a tiger shark on waterskis, in one of the show's episodes.

On 'The View', Winkler said, "First of all, my birthday cake is that I got to sit at this table. That’s number one and that is the truth. You are very powerful, point-of-view women and that is amazing."

He continued, "Number 2, I am the only actor in the world that jumped the shark twice — once on Happy Days, and once on Arrested Development."

Winkler aimed to promote his memoir 'Being Henry: The Fonz…And Beyond' that is scheduled for release on October 31 while making an appearance on the show.

Taking to Twitter, several celebrities, friends, and family have conveyed birthday wishes to the author and actor.

How did Henry Winkler get his start?

According to IMDB, following a common trajectory in the entertainment industry, Henry Winkler embarked on his career by featuring in 30 commercials and his stepping stone to his film career was his first major role in 'The Lords of Flatbush' (1974).

Henry Winkler initially gained recognition with a supporting role as the local tough guy Fonzie on the acclaimed 'Happy Days'.

The character's immense popularity led to Winkler's promotion to a lead role, contributing to the series' successful 10-year run.

Beyond his 'Happy Days' stint, Winkler showcased his versatility by making notable appearances in Adam Sandler comedies like 'The Waterboy' and 'Little Nicky', and Comedy Central show, 'Drunk History'.

Additionally, he lent his voice to various animated shows, including Clifford's 'Puppy Days' and 'Sit Down, Shut Up', showcasing the breadth of his talent across different genres.

In a moment of reflection on the lessons garnered throughout his life, Henry Winkler shared with People, "I spent most of my adult life being frightened, on the outside looking like I had it together, and mostly being anxious".

As he looks back on 2023, he emphasizes a profound realization: the importance of not only being tenacious and grateful but also embracing flexibility.

According to Winkler, "Not only must you be grateful, but you also have to be flexible".

As of 2023, Winkler has starred in HBO's 'Barry, The Wizard'.

Tags news