Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jason Aldean's 5 most controversial moments

2023-10-22 17:59
Before the recent furor surrounding 'Try That in a Small Town', Jason Aldean was in hot water for flouting pandemic protocols in 2021
Jason Aldean's 5 most controversial moments

Jason Aldean's history of controversies

Country music star Jason Aldean is no stranger to controversies. He first drew backlash in 2012 when he cheated on his then-wife Jessica Ussery, with whom he shares two children, with his current wife Brittany Aldean (Nee Kerr). After he released the song ‘Try That in a Small Town’ in May 2023, Jason found himself in hot water once again, as many found the track not only controversial but also racist. Here is a look at some of the controversial moments from the singer's life.

Jason Aldean cheated on Jessica Ussery in 2012

Jason was photographed kissing 'American Idol' contestant Brittany Kerr in a Hollywood bar in September 2012. At the time, he was married to Jessica Ussery with two children, Keely and Kendyl. Jason issued an apology statement on Facebook, but the couple divorced in April 2013. He is currently married to Brittany, whom he wedded in March 2015. They share two children.

Jason Aldean claimed all female singers sounded the same in 2015

In an interview with The Washington Post in September 2015, Jason said, "I feel like a lot of times female singers, to me, when they're singing – and I'll probably kick myself for saying this – a lot of times, it just seems like I can't distinguish one from the other sometimes if I just listen to them, you know? A lot of times they just sound really similar to me." He added that only women like Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert sound different.

Jason Aldean wore blackface to look like Lil Wayne for Halloween 2015

The criticisms came in fast and sharp when Jason decided to dress up as Lil Wayne for Halloween in 2015, wearing a red bandana and braided hair wig. The 'Got What I Got' singer also wore blackface to "complete" the look.

Jason Aldean broke Covid-19 protocols in 2020 and spoke against vaccine mandate in 2021

Jason broke several Covid-19 protocols, the most prominent among them when he visited Disneyland with his family in July 2020 and was photographed without wearing face masks. After California's vaccine mandate, the 'Dirt Road Anthem' singer ran into trouble again when he spoke against it, writing, "So let me get this straight! It is no longer our decisions as parents (or free Americans) to make decisions about our kids, Gavin Newsom makes those decisions for us now??" on Instagram.

Jason Aldean released 'Try That in a Small Town' in 2023

The music video of the song features Jason performing in front of a courthouse while depicting protesters as violent. The video was slammed by many viewers for inciting violence. The singer also faced backlash for his pro-gun stance. He defended his song on social media and has not issued any apology, but the song has since been dropped by CMT.

Tags news