Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fisher Stevens tells Seth Meyers how Leonardo DiCaprio influenced 'Beckham' docuseries

2023-10-27 19:48
The compliments have been pouring in for Fisher Stevens ever since some 'Late Night' fans discovered he was the director of 'Beckham' on Netflix
Fisher Stevens tells Seth Meyers how Leonardo DiCaprio influenced 'Beckham' docuseries

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK CITY: Fisher Stevens, renowned for his portrayal of legal attorney Marvin Gerard in Netflix's 'Blacklist' series, has transitioned into directing with the recent docuseries 'Beckham', centered around the life of soccer legend David Beckham.

Interestingly, Stevens credits Hollywood mega-star Leonardo DiCaprio for facilitating his directorial role in the documentary.

Fisher Stevens was Leo's directorial pick for the docuseries

In an interview with 'Late Night' show host Seth Meyers, Fisher shed light on how he became involved in the docuseries, even though he admitted to not being a fervent fan of the football icon David Beckham.

The details of this collaboration, spurred by Leonardo DiCaprio, add an intriguing layer to the behind-the-scenes dynamics of the documentary project.

Fisher Stevens shared the surprising sequence of events, stating, "Actually, I got a call on my way to that show, 'Succession', to work, and it was from my old pal Leonardo DiCaprio’s office. We made some documentaries together."

He went on to reveal that the Hollywood A-lister recommended him as the director for the Beckham documentary.

He said, "Leo suggested you to direct David Beckham's documentary, and David wants to talk to you."

Stevens 'got on a Zoom call' with Beckham

Expressing his astonishment, Fisher conveyed that it was unexpected when he learned that David Beckham himself wanted to have a conversation with him.

The unexpected turn of events saw Fisher Stevens agreeing to direct the documentary on the iconic football star despite his initial misgivings.

Fisher elaborated on the process, stating, "I got on a Zoom call with David and then went on to meet him and his wife, Victoria Beckham, at lunch. They got me excited, and that was it."

The personal connection and enthusiasm from the Beckhams evidently played a crucial role in solidifying Fisher Stevens' involvement in the project.

'Beckham' is currently available for streaming on Netflix, offering viewers an intimate look into David Beckham's journey to global stardom.

'Fisher nailed this documentary'

The compliments have been pouring in for Fisher Stevens ever since some 'Late Night' fans discovered Stevens was the director.

One complimented, "Fisher nailed this documentary! I’m American and I know hardly anything about football but I was so captivated by the series. Really powerful to see so many of the most beloved sportsmen be vulnerable and emotional on screen."

Another wrote, "Fisher Stevens has always been one of my favourite actors, whether quirky good guy or villain always delivered. Didn't know he directed docs so will have to check them out."

One fan penned, "Fisher!!! The guy's been a lifelong inspiration!" as another quipped, "Fisher Stevens has come full circle, having once played the killer in an episode of Columbo, who just happened to have been a movie director......... spooky!"

Tags news