Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is 'Brennan'? Britney Spears might have been dropping hints about her abortion long before memoir reveal

2023-10-20 20:46
Britney Spears once pretended to have a baby girl while posing with a doll on Instagram
Who is 'Brennan'? Britney Spears might have been dropping hints about her abortion long before memoir reveal

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In the wake of Britney Spears revealing in her memoir that she was pregnant with Justin Timberlake's child but had an abortion, a fan pointed out that the pop star once wanted to name her baby "Brennan" if it was a girl.

In a clip from an old interview, shared on X (formerly Twitter) by user @britneycharts, a young Spears could be seen saying she would name her future daughter, "Brennan" and her son, "Preston."

While it is not known if the clip was from an interview before Spears' abortion or after, the 'Baby One More Time' hitmaker again made a reference to "Brennan" back in 2021.

Britney Spears pretended to have a daughter named 'Brennan'

Long before making the bombshell revelation of aborting Timberlake's baby, Spears took to Instagram to pretend she gave birth to a baby girl named "Brennan" back in 2021.

The 'Princess of Pop' shared a bizarre Instagram video in which she was seen smiling ear-to-ear while holding a baby doll. In the clip, Spears wore an inside-out pale pink sweater that matched the onesie worn by the doll.

"I had a baby y’all. I will be taking some time off shooting at home every day!!! Her nursery is beautiful and her name is Brennan… we even look alike!!! My first [daughter - illustrated with a little girl emoji]," Spears wrote in the caption of her post.

"I'm turning 40 this year... age is nothing but a number but seriously Being an adult is the dumbest thing you'll ever do so PLAY ON MY FRIENDS!!!" the musician added.

At the time, her now-ex-fiancee Sam Asghari also commented on the video saying, "Look at that! You look just like each other."

It is to be noted here that Spears' elder son, whom she shares with ex-husband Kevin Federline, is named Sean Preston. She also shares son Jayden James with Federline.

While it seems like Spears remembered her old wish and named her son "Preston" as mentioned in the earlier interview, she might have named her doll 'Brennan' because she has no daughters.

Was it Spears just manifesting her old wish through the 2021 Instagram video or was it a hint at her past abortion? We will probably never know.

The singer did not reveal the gender of her baby with Timberlake while remembering the painful experience of her abortion in 'The Woman In Me'.

Fan points out Justin Timberlake's dog was named 'Brennan'

As per a post by @britneycharts, Timberlake allegedly named one of his dogs "Brennan" following his break-up with Spears.

"Did y’all knew that after Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake broke up, he put the name Britney choose to put on her baby ‘Brennan’ in one of his dogs ??" the post read alongside a screenshot of an Oprah.com article which revealed Timberlake's dogs were named Buckley and Brennan.

Meanwhile, the old interview video showed Spears saying, "Aw what am I gonna be naming my daughter or son? I really like the name 'Brennan,' I think that's really pretty and I like the name Preston, I think for a guy and I think that's really very beautiful."

Remembering her abortion, Spears wrote in her memoir, "It was a surprise, but for me, it wasn’t a tragedy. I loved Justin so much. I always expected us to have a family together one day. This would just be much earlier than I’d anticipated."

"But Justin definitely wasn’t happy about the pregnancy. He said we weren’t ready to have a baby in our lives, that we were way too young," she added, as per People.

Tags news