Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Jesse Watters OK? Fox News host reveals 'catastrophic' injury during primetime show, fans call him 'Clark Kent'

2023-09-24 12:49
Fox News host Jesse Watters had apparently suffered a serious injury in his eye that led him to ditch the lenses to avoid further infection
Is Jesse Watters OK? Fox News host reveals 'catastrophic' injury during primetime show, fans call him 'Clark Kent'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Fox News host Jesse Watters switched his usual contact lenses with a pair of nerdy glasses which got many of his viewers quite curious. It was only during his 'Jesse Watters Primetime' appearance that he revealed the reason behind it.

The Fox News host had apparently suffered a serious injury in his eye that led him to ditch the lenses to avoid further infection. The announcement was made, according to the fans, in quite a hilarious way during his news show.

Jesse Watters makes a 'News Alert' about his eye injury

Fox News viewers first saw Jesse Watters sporting the new pair of glasses on his 'The Five' appearance. In a segment led by Greg Gutfeld, the glasses were only acknowledged by the late-night show host as he said, "You do not seem smarter with glasses, but it's okay."

He then addressed this in a 'Fox News Alert' which had the headline "This is not Jesse's new look".

"I suffered a catastrophic injury," Watters said in the same monotonous voice used for his actual news pieces, "Well, in the television business, it is considered catastrophic. I got makeup in my eye."

The primetime host said that he knew little about the injury and he "could be going blind". He also said that he was not his 100% at work because of the injury as well. Watters went on to ask for prayers from his viewers with a deadpan look which had many fans reacting to his reshared story on X.

Fans find Jesse Watters' injury announcement funny

Many of Watters' fans from Fox News flocked to his post to call the bit during his primetime show funny.

"You are so funny I wasn't sure if you usually wear them or not but you are cute enough to wear glasses," a fan wrote, "Anyway, hope your eye gets better fast." Another one wrote, "I love that your team actually put in the Fox News alert thing. That makes the whole bit 10x better."

Several of his followers could not help but compare him to other glass-wearing personalities and they came with quite contrasting ideas. "Walk it off Clark Kent!" a reply to his post said while another one said, "I was surprised to see Stephen Colbert guest hosting your show today."

Others went on to be either sarcastic or jokingly flippant as one of them said, "Geez Jesse. Women get makeup in their eyes everyday! Just ask Emma!" Here, the fan is referring to Watter's wife Emma Watters. A fan went on to reply with, "Jesse, Jesse, Jesse, I would call for a full investigation. Is it your normal make up person, or an imposter? Have you done any derogatory stories on the Clinton's of late? Any hit pieces on the POTUS lately? My advice, get a seeing eye dog. Everyone has pity on someone with one!"