Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Where is Zachery Ty Bryan now? 'Home Improvement' star says domestic violence charges were 'blown out of proportion'

2023-06-23 17:46
As part of a deal, Zachery Ty Bryan pleaded guilty to charges of menacing and fourth-degree assault in February 2021
Where is Zachery Ty Bryan now? 'Home Improvement' star says domestic violence charges were 'blown out of proportion'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Zachery Ty Bryan, known for his role in 'Home Improvement', has spoken out three years after his arrest for domestic violence. In a recent interview, the actor stated that the incident with his partner Johnnie Faye Cartwright was exaggerated and claimed that it did not involve any significant physical altercation. Bryan also claimed that the situation had been "blown out of proportion."

He claimed that the incident was not as physically intense as cited in the police report. Bryan revealed that he had been involved with Cartwright while still married to Carly Matros, leading to moments of tension when Cartwright discovered his "double life." On the night of the incident, fueled by excessive alcohol consumption, their disagreement escalated into an argument.

'I got two misdemeanors and called it a day'

"We didn’t even really get that physical. We got really loud. We were screaming and because we were in a townhome that had [thin walls], everybody could hear. Johnnie was, at the time, just really upset about my situation. At the end of the day, [the police] throw a bunch of counts at you because they ultimately want you to plead to something," Bryan told The Hollywood Reporter. He added that the police nicknamed him "Country Club Zach" to mock his fame. "I could’ve fought it … but that’s more stress and drama. I got two misdemeanors and called it a day."

Zachery Ty Bryan's list of offenses

Bryan accepted a plea deal in February 2021, pleading guilty to charges of menacing and fourth-degree assault. As part of the deal, the six additional charges, including strangulation and coercion, were dropped. Reflecting on the incident, Bryan described it as a "learning experience," suggesting that he gained insights and lessons from the situation. "I thank God for that. I went through a situation that I’m sure plenty of people across the globe experience with their partners," he added.

Bryan also addressed his recent challenges, including struggles with alcohol and multiple DUIs. Despite being arrested for driving under the influence multiple times (in 2004, 2007, 2017, and 2020), Bryan stated that he does not label himself as an "alcoholic." The actor, who first drank at age 14, said, "I try to stay away from it. I’ve just kind of disengaged. I’ve got my routine, I’m not going out and getting lit and that takes away a lot of problems."

Additionally, he faced allegations of being involved in an alleged Bitcoin scam. Some claimed that they had invested in cryptocurrency based on his encouragement but did not receive the promised returns or see their money again. "This was not me running some shady scam deal or something. That’s just not me. What people don’t understand is that you take risks. Nothing is for sure. It’s the same with movie investments and everything else, you lose or you win," he said.

Where is Zachery Ty Bryan now?

Following his DUI arrests, the actor has been attending self-management and recovery training (SMART) classes, which reflects his commitment to personal growth and addressing his struggles with alcohol-related incidents. Bryan and Johnnie Faye Cartwright remained together and even got engaged in November 2021. The couple later announced that they were expecting twins, who would join their eldest daughter.

Tags news epcelebs