Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did police warn IShowSpeed? YouTuber in hot water after calling '112' during livestream: 'Fourth-degree felony'

2023-07-25 21:55
Here's what happened after the sudden arrival of police at the Youtuber's home during a livestream
Why did police warn IShowSpeed? YouTuber in hot water after calling '112' during livestream: 'Fourth-degree felony'

CINCINNATI, OHIO: Darren Watkins, also known as IShowSpeed, is a popular YouTuber with a massive following of over 18 million subscribers. He recently gained attention for expressing his support for the highly anticipated match of Lionel Messi. However, he frequently finds himself involved in controversial discussions and facing scrutiny for his antics.

In a recent live stream by Speed, he encountered a disturbing incident involving the police. It appears that during the live stream, the YouTuber dialed the emergency number '112', which resulted in the police being dispatched to his residence. As a consequence, he was accused of committing a "fourth-degree felony." So did Speed actually make that call? Or is there more to the story? To find out the truth behind this incident, keep reading.

Is IShowSpeed in trouble?

During a recent livestream, Speed, the popular content creator, found himself in an unusual situation when he was interrupted by the arrival of two police officers at his home. The incident occurred while he was playing FIFA 23, and his mother informed him about the unexpected visitors.

Speed appeared bewildered by the police's presence and exclaimed, "Who is it?! Tell them, why are they here? I know, but I didn't mean to call 112! I literally - oh, my god! Oh, my gosh, that s**it is so annoying! I can't! I f**king can't, bro! I thought I just told them not to pull up, bro! I'm coming! I don't know why they keep doing this, bro! I thought I just said I didn't call them, bro. And they're going to say, 'I'm abusing the call.'”

After listening to Speed's explanation, the police officers issued a stern warning, saying, "Listen to me loud and clear! I would be very careful calling three-digit numbers that your friends tell you to call. Because there's a thing called disruption of public service. All right? You can look up the advice code if you want. It's a felony of the fourth degree that carries prison time. Does that make sense? Do you understand that? This isn't a joking matter."

Speed responded earnestly, stating, "I know! I'm not joking or laughing! I'm not trying to make this as a joke. I'm trying to make this serious. Yeah, I already said - I won't call it again! I already said! Okay, thank you. Bye."

'So cringe and made no sense'

After acknowledging the livestream on Twitter, fans started sharing their perspective. One fan said, "I feel like speed has an agreement with the local PD because this is not the first time this happened…" Another fan wrote, "He knew 911 was an emergency number but he was unaware of 112." One Twitter user said, "112 is the Dutch emergency number btw." Another Twitter user wrote, "Bruh that‘s too much and not funny at all." The fifth user said, "so cringe and made no sense"