Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Kelce is the guy on the Chiefs': Stephen Colbert pokes fun at Taylor Swift's viral 'Karma' lyric change

2023-11-14 20:26
'Here's a tip, Taylor. Their names are on the back of the shirts', said Stephen Colbert
'Kelce is the guy on the Chiefs': Stephen Colbert pokes fun at Taylor Swift's viral 'Karma' lyric change

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Stephen Colbert humorously commented on Taylor Swift's viral lyric change in her song 'Karma' during her concert in Argentina.

The revised line, 'Karma is the guy on the Chiefs coming straight home to me', was a clear nod to her rumored boyfriend, Travis Kelce, a player for the Kansas City Chiefs

Colbert who "loves Taylor" couldn't resist poking fun at Swift's lyric change, stating, "Kelce is the guy on the Chiefs." This playful jest has since caught the attention of fans on social media.

Stephen Colbert on Taylor Swift's 'Karma' lyric change

During the most recent episode of the 'Late Night Show', host Stephen Colbert confessed in his monologue his admiration for Taylor Swift. He also expressed his thrill while discussing the news about the 'Traylor' buzz in Argentina, stating, "This is exciting for me."

"I am what you call a Swiffer. I am. I'd go so far as to call myself a wetjet," said Colbert.

The host went on to talk about the most famous duo on the internet, "Trav-trav was down there to see Tay-Tay's tour-tour. And it was extra special because, during the concert, Taylor changed the lyrics to one of her songs in a nod to Travis Kelce."

After showcasing the viral change in Swift’s 'Karma' lyrics, Colbert remarked, "It's a little embarrassing." he added, "She got that one wrong. 'Karma' is not the guy on the Chiefs. 'Kelce' is the guy on the Chiefs."

Colbert continued, "Here's a tip, Taylor. Their names are on the back of the shirts."

Fans react to Stephen Colbert's joke about Taylor Swift

Audiences found Stephen Colbert’s humorous jabs entertaining. A fan wrote, "I literally just swiffered the floor and laughed out loud when I heard Stephens joke. Good one."

"Love your work Steven, your team is so good and so very fresh with the jokes. I also love watching the number of viewers increasing and I'm sure laughing at the same time as me with at the hilarious jokes. Welcome back," wrote another.

"So...for over two decades this man has captured my attention. Longest time a man has ever held my interest," claimed another.

"Karma is not the guy on the chiefs, it's Kelce." Good job Stephen!" noted another.

"That was a very funny monologue! I love this show!" said another.

Tags news