Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

When did Taylor Swift and Matty Healy first meet? 'Anti-Hero' hitmaker 'no longer in contact' with The 1975 frontman

2023-07-06 18:28
Taylor Swift and Matty Healy dated for two months after she broke-up with Joe Alwyn
When did Taylor Swift and Matty Healy first meet? 'Anti-Hero' hitmaker 'no longer in contact' with The 1975 frontman

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Taylor Swift's friends have refuted rumors that the singer was back with The 1975 frontman Matty Healy after their two-month romance ended. It was believed that Swift reconciled with the ''About You' singer after he fired a female staffer from his band's current world tour.

Swift's friends have made it clear that she was still single and had lost contact with Healy as she preps for the UK leg of her Eras tour. A friend said, "They are absolutely not together and aren't even in contact anymore. She's enjoying being single and has been spending time in the studio and hanging out with friends in New York. This is all rubbish," per the Daily Mail.

Also Read: Are Madison Beer and Valkyrae collaborating? Twitch streamer DMs pop singer, psyched fans say 'we love a supportive queen'

Swift and Healy's romance was all over the media and internet after their "relationship" came to light in May, right after she broke-up with Joe Alwyn. In June, a friend of the 'Blank Space' hitmaker confirmed she was single again. She and Healy were last spotted together in New York City on May 25. The news that they had split came just three days after he was seen kissing a male security guard during a concert in Denmark.

When did Taylor Swift and Matty Healy first meet?

Healy was originally linked to Swift after their initial encounter on November 19, 2014. Swift reportedly first met Healy when she and her friends, Selena Gomez and Ellie Goulding, went to a The 1975 concert in Los Angeles as per PEOPLE. "We exchanged numbers," Healy told the Australian radio show Shazam Top 20 at that time, adding, "I mean, bloody hell, what am I going to do? Go out with Taylor Swift? She's a sensation; I wouldn’t say no!"

Swift was spotted wearing a The 1975 t-shirt a few days after going to one of their concerts. What's more intriguing is that Healy was spotted sporting a '1989' t-shirt, per GLAMOUR.

Also Read: How long were Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom together? 'KUWTK' star says she feels bad about ex 'every single day'

'She wasn't a big impact on my life'

Dating Swift, according to Healy, would have been "emasculating." In an interview with Q magazine in 2016, he had stated, "She wasn't a big impact on my life. It’s just interesting to me how interested the world is about Taylor Swift. The reason I mention that is because if I had [properly] gone out with Taylor Swift, I would’ve been, ‘F*****g hell, I am not being Taylor Swift’s boyfriend. You know, ‘F**k. That.’ That’s also a man thing, a demasculinating, emasculating thing."

Also Read: Who is Etta Ng Chok Lam's mother? Jackie Chan slammed for abandoning lesbian daughter

Later, he told Elle, "I have said on countless occasions that I found her to be one of the most gracious, hard-working, creatively gifted, and beautiful women that I have had the pleasure to meet. I personally have a lot of respect and admiration for her. Why would I not?"

More from MEAWW

Andrew Tate's brother Tristan Tate challenges reparations, discusses receiving funds from 'Whites living in trailer parks', fans dub him 'next Bond'

Alix Earle and Braxton Berrios relationship drama intensifies after NFL star's scandalous break up with Sophia Culpo, Internet labels him 'cheater'