Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘She is just her’: Johnny Depp praises daughter Lily-Rose Depp ahead of Cannes applause for ‘The Idol’

2023-05-23 17:51
Johnny Depp said Lily-Rose Depp 'doesn’t cut herself short and she knows that her work is important'
‘She is just her’: Johnny Depp praises daughter Lily-Rose Depp ahead of Cannes applause for ‘The Idol’

CANNES, FRANCE: Johnny Depp recently showered praises on his daughter, Lily Rose Depp, who is set to appear onscreen as the protagonist of the HBO show 'The Idol', during an interview with Madame Figaro Paris and said that she has a “special thing in her.” “For a father to see your daughter who is now a young woman, safe to say, handling herself with grace, dignity, elegance and kindness… she does have a special thing, talent, she is just her,” Depp noted.

“And she doesn’t cut herself short, she knows that her work is important and she works,” Depp shared, adding, “There is nothing Vanessa or I could have done, or anyone could have done more to make me proud of her." "During the interview, talking the talk, babbling… it’s not just that. She actually has something to say,” he continued. “Small kid,” he added with a heartwarming smile.

RELATED NEWS

'Pedophile show': Fans slam The Weeknd and Lily-Rose Depp starring 'The Idol' new poster

Johnny Depp opts out of partying after ‘Jeanne du Barry’ premiere at Cannes to focus on 'health and rest'

‘You can see his heart swell with love’

Fans were quick to react to Depp praising his daughter during the interview. “I love when he speaks of his kids. You can see his heart swell with love and pride for them,” one said. “His words are full of pride and rightly so! he can be proud of his children and his children of him,” another added. “Such lovely & loving comments about Vanessa and his kids,” a third commented. "The way he always talks about Vanessa and his kids... ans the French,” a fourth wrote.

Another fan said, “So sweet about his kids and Vanessa.” while another simply tweeted, “This is so sweet.” Another fan added, “I wasn't ready for the silent sob and hot tears that escaped me after listening to him say all of that. I ended up needing a tissue. I'm not sure what even happened.”

Lily Rose Depp receives standing ovation at Cannes

Depp’s comments come on the heels of Lily-Rose receiving a standing ovation at the 2023 Cannes Film Festival for her performance in ‘The Idol.’ The actress has continued to hog headlines for her role in the controversial HBO Max series, which became the first TV show to officially debut at Cannes. Created by ‘Euphoria’ creator Sam Levinson and Abel Tesfaye aka The Weeknd, ‘The Idol’ chronicles the life of Lily-Rose’s character, Jocelyn, an aspiring pop star who works towards reclaiming her place as the sexiest pop star in America after having a nervous breakdown that resulted in the cancelation of her last tour.

Jocelyn then begins a complicated relationship with The Weeknd’s character Tedros, a self-help guru and leader of a modern-day cult. While ‘The Idol’ has been making headlines for its disturbing content and graphic scenes, director Levinson recently came under fire over accusations of last-minute script rewrites and rumored on-set turmoil.

However, Lily-Rose defended Levinson against the allegations and praised his work as a director. “Sam is, for so many reasons, the best director I have ever worked with. Never have I felt more supported or respected in a creative space, my input and opinions more valued,” she said in a statement to Variety.

“Working with Sam is a true collaboration in every way — it matters to him, more than anything, not only what his actors think about the work, but how we feel performing it. He hires people whose work he esteems and has always created an environment in which I felt seen, heard, and appreciated,” she added.

'The Idol' is scheduled to premiere on June 4 in HBO.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news epcelebs