Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

When will the 'Late Show with Stephen Colbert' air next? TV host suffers ruptured appendix

2023-11-28 15:50
Stephen Colbert announced the cancellation of the week's episodes due to his recent surgery
When will the 'Late Show with Stephen Colbert' air next? TV host suffers ruptured appendix

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Stephen Colbert, the renowned comedian and host of the popular late-night talk show 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert', has encountered another unexpected setback. This time, it's not due to the impact of the pandemic, but rather a health concern that has temporarily halted the show's schedule.

Health woes interrupt 'The Late Show' amidst Colbert's recovery

Just as the fall season was progressing, 'The Late Show' faced another unforeseen pause. Earlier, COVID-19 had forced a temporary closure of 'The Late Show.' Now, the limelight dims once more as Colbert grapples with recovery following a ruptured appendix.

Colbert, known for his witty and candid approach, shared the update on his health journey through his social media channels on November 27.

He conveyed regret over the necessity to cancel scheduled shows for the upcoming Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday due to his ongoing recuperation after undergoing surgery.

In his typical humorous style, Colbert quipped in his announcement, "Sorry to say that I have to cancel our shows this week. I’m sure you’re thinking, 'Turkey overdose, Steve? Gravy boat capsize?' Actually, I’m recovering from surgery for a ruptured appendix. I’m grateful to my doctors for their care and to Evie and the kids for putting up with me."

He didn't miss the opportunity to bring humor to the situation, mentioning, "Going forward, all emails to my appendix will be handled by my pancreas."

Colbert's show stumbles amid health hurdles

The unexpected turn of events disrupted a busy lineup of shows that Colbert had meticulously planned. Guests such as Jennifer Garner, Baz Luhrmann, Patrick Stewart, and Kelsey Grammer were set to grace the stage.

Additionally, former bandleader Jon Batiste was due to make a return, and Barbra Streisand was poised to take part in 'The Colbert Questionert'.

This is not the first time Colbert has faced challenges impacting the show's schedule.

In mid-October, Colbert contracted COVID-19, leading to the cancellation of a week's worth of shows.

However, during that period, he hosted one episode from his home, continuing his commitment to entertaining his audience even amidst personal health struggles and global uncertainties.

The fans and viewers of 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert' eagerly await updates on Colbert's recovery and the rescheduling of the postponed episodes.

Meanwhile, the host's resilient spirit and humor in the face of adversity continue to resonate, offering a glimpse of hope and anticipation for the show's return to its regular programming.

Fans poured love and speed recovery to Stephen Colbert

Fans flooded Instagram with an outpouring of love and well-wishes for Stephen Colbert as news of his health setback surfaced.

One fan wrote, "Feel better and best wishes for a speedy recovery!"

Another commented, "That’s scary. I’m glad you’re okay now. Recover well and take good care."

"Sending prayers! Get well soon!," replied another.

"Oh dear that’s serious. Take care and recover quickly Steven ❤️," commented one.

"Good luck for a quick recovery. Hopefully the final scans reveal all is well!," wrote another.

Tags news