Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Addison Rae: Why did Sephora remove TikTok star’s ITEM Beauty range?

2023-06-21 15:19
Although ITEM Beauty was initially a direct-to-consumer business, in August 2021 it entered into an exclusive collaboration with Sephora
Addison Rae: Why did Sephora remove TikTok star’s ITEM Beauty range?

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: TikTok sensation Addison Rae who shot to the social media fame by replicating viral dances on TikTok launched ITEM Beauty in 2020. Her brand positions itself as a "clean, science-backed" line, free of the chemicals found in traditional cosmetics, as per its website.

Although ITEM Beauty was initially a direct-to-consumer business that sold to clients through an online site, in August 2021 it entered into an exclusive collaboration with Sephora. However, in January 2023 it got dropped by the beauty giant along with brand Selfless by another influencer, Hyram.

Why did Sephora dropped ITEM BEAUTY?

Insider earlier reported citing a well-connected industry source that Sephora will be removing Addison Rae's ITEM Beauty. Although there was no remark made by Sephora, it seems changes in direction and retail adjustments have led the beauty giant to drop the brand.

The news comes just a week after Morphe Cosmetics, a beauty retailer well-known for its influencer partnerships, made the announcement that all of its US locations will be closing. Rae confirmed the news with a note on Instagram how ITEM Beauty will no longer be a Sephora exclusive, and how this decision also coincided with her desire to establish herself in the industry.

In her story she wrote, "As some of you know, ITEM Beauty will be ending its exclusivity with Sephora and taking a hiatus while I reimagine my journey in beauty to make sure it reflects who I am today.” However, those who wish to purchase ITEM Beauty can buy the product from the website.

About ITEM Beauty

Six essential items are included in the content creator's first makeup line: lip oil, a contour duo, brightening powder, brow definer, mascara, and jelly eyeshadow. On the ITEM Beauty website, Rae explains why and how she made the decision to start a beauty business. “I wanted to create a brand that supports individuality in a very real and authentic way,” Rae said of her new line. "I want to be able to put something on my face that I can feel good about clean products with ingredients that are good for my skin and enhance, not mask, my features. It’s about embracing all your imperfections because they all play a part in what makes you truly unique."

Tags news epbeauty