Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Botched' Season 8: Where is Mikeal now? Widow who nearly died from tummy tuck gets makeover for 'damaged' torso

2023-08-04 15:49
She developed a bacterium that eats flesh after Mikeal's botched stomach tuck, which almost killed her
'Botched' Season 8: Where is Mikeal now? Widow who nearly died from tummy tuck gets makeover for 'damaged' torso

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA: It's difficult to swallow a 'Botched' instance as awful as this one. On the season eight premiere of 'Botched,' patient Mikeal revealed the heartbreaking story of how a botched stomach tuck nearly left her severely deformed—and nearly killed her.

'Botched's most startling season yet is here. Drs Terry Dubrow and Paul Nassif, E!'s famous plastic surgeons, are back for season eight and taking on one of the most extraordinary cases in the series' history. This season, the duo will assist many additional patients in need, including a woman with a massive tumor on her foot, a dog bite victim who lost the entire tip of her nose, and a skin cancer survivor who underwent a 10-hour treatment that left a significant hole in her face. On the August 3 premiere, a widow who nearly died three times while recovering from a stomach tuck seeks Dr Dubrow's help in removing what she refers to as "Vagina Island."

Who is Mikeal on 'Botched'?

"My stomach looks like a disaster," Mikeal stated in the show airing on August 3. "It makes me feel damaged, unattractive, like not even a woman."

After her spouse died in 2008, the West Virginia native dropped weight and had some excess skin removed. "I went for a simple tummy tuck, I ended up in the ICU three times," Mikeal explained. "I ended up in the OR at least eight times. There were four times that I should have died. I didn't. Now, I'm in this position of I'll never look normal. It takes the mental toll of you're alone, and if somebody sees that, will they ever want you?"

What happened to Mikeal on 'Botched'?

Mikeal described the terrible 14-hour surgery that destroyed her life during her visit with surgeons Drs Dubrow and Nassif. Mikeal, according to Dr Dubrow, most certainly had a post-surgery infection and skin-eating illness, which are typically fatal. Dr Dubrow was astounded by the quantity of scar tissue that stretched from her pubic area to her mid-abdomen while evaluating her. Mikeal also lost her abdominal button in the ordeal.

"This is such an extensive loss of tissue that I just don't know," Dr Dubrow bemoaned before promising to repair Mikeal's stomach. "I really, really wanna help you. I'm all in."

Dr Dubrow corrected the huge, unattractive scarring during the operation by covering it up with the good skin that remained on Mikeal's tummy—and it was a total success. Dr Dubrow miraculously replaced 100 percent of the scarring, giving Mikeal a normal-looking torso.

Where is Mikeal from 'Botched' now?

Mikeal's situation was so difficult that Dr Nassif was unsure what they could do to help for the first time. He prayed Dr Dubrow could figure it out because she deserved it so much, especially after everything she'd been through since her husband's death.

"It's gone," an emotional Mikeal stated after learning the shocking reveal. "You wanna cry, but you can't stop smiling!" Mikeal, no longer ashamed of her stomach, said, "I can't even believe he did what he did. I don't think anybody else could have done what he did."

Mikeal informed the cameras that while many people believe 'Botched' is just about outward aesthetics, many of the procedures alter these patients inwardly just as much, if not more!

'Botched' Season 8 airs new episodes every Thursday on E! at 10 pm ET.