Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Arnold Schwarzenegger blasts ‘over-babied’ generation, says people should be 'able to accept pain'

2023-10-07 05:50
'You’re never going to get there. It’s just the way it is. You have to be able to struggle,' saidArnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger blasts ‘over-babied’ generation, says people should be 'able to accept pain'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Hollywood star and former governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger, has a strong message for the youth of today: "It’s over!"

He believes that the young generation is being "over-babied" and "over-pampered' and that they need to learn how to "be able to accept pain, misery and discomfort" in order to achieve their goals.

Arnold Schwarzenegger said there is discomfort is the way to get through

In an interview with SiriusXM’s 'The Howard Stern Show', he said that he was worried about the lack of toughness and resilience among the youngsters.

He said, "Anybody that tries to baby themselves, and pamper themselves and protect themselves — “Oh, I don’t want to feel bad, I don’t really want to go through any discomfort” — It’s over!

"You’re never going to get there. It’s just the way it is. You have to be able to struggle."

Arnold Schwarzenegger warns about creating generation of 'wimps' and 'weal people'

He added, "So many young kids these days shy away from that, but you have to be attracted to that."

"Don’t start creating a generation of wimps and weak people… Let’s not over-baby people. Let’s go and teach kids to be tough, to do sports, to study and struggle and go through these kind of painful moments sometimes," he further said.

Schwarzenegger also revealed some of the strict punishments he imposed on his five children from two different women when they did not follow his rules.

Arnold Schwarzenegger once threw his son's matress in a pool and burned daughter's shoes

He told 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!,' as reported by Daily Mail, that he once threw his son’s mattress into the swimming pool for not making his bed and that he burned his daughter’s shoes for leaving them by the fireplace.

He said, "For the way I grew up, I was lenient. But I think for American standards, I was probably strict.

"My son did not make his bed. He had his nanny make the bed, which was not allowed. So, I came in one time and the bed was made so immaculately, that I looked at it and I said, ‘Patrick, did you do that?’ And he said, ‘No, I didn’t.'" Schwarzenegger revealed.

"So I grabbed the mattress, opened up the doors, and threw it off the balcony down into the swimming pool! It gives an example.

‘So he had to, kind of, drag it up, the mattress and the pillows — I threw everything out there!'

He continued, "My daughter would have this habit of taking her tennis shoes off and putting them right there by the fireplace.

"And I said, “I’m not going to go be a servant here. You know where the shoes go, they go into the mud room. Don’t put them here.”

"The third time I said, “Okay look, I’ve told you now three times, I told you I’m going to burn the shoes… so I took the shoes and I put them in the fireplace!', Rahul said.

Tags news