Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How tall is Tyra Banks? Supermodel towers over TV host Katie Couric in hilarous comparison photo

2023-10-02 14:52
Tyra Banks and Katie Couric appeared in a photo together, with the supermodel towering over the host from TV
How tall is Tyra Banks? Supermodel towers over TV host Katie Couric in hilarous comparison photo

Real NameTyra Lynne Banks
Date of BirthDecember 4, 1973
Age49 years (as of 2023)
Place of BirthInglewood, California
Height 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) approx
Weight73 kg (161 lbs) approx
Net Worth$90 million
Marital StatusErik Asla (2013 - 2017)
Dating HistoryRob Evans, Drake (2012), Keith Carlos (2014), Craig Taylor (1990), Will Smith (1993 -1994), John Singleton (1993-1996), Seal (1996), Chris Webber (2001-2004), Giancarlo Marcaccini (2005-2006), John Utendahl (2007-2011)
Children1

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Tyra Lynne Banks is a multi-talented American figure, known for her roles in television, modeling, production, writing, and acting. She stands at an impressive height of 5 feet 10 inches (178 cm or 1.78 m) and weighs 73 kg (161 lbs).

Banks hails from Inglewood, California and embarked on her modeling journey at the tender age of 15. Throughout her career, she's not only thrived in various ventures but also paved the way for aspiring models.

Despite facing criticism from fashion elites regarding her curvaceous figure and height, Banks has always been candid about her personal struggles with body image.

She remains an advocate for self-acceptance and encourages others to pursue their aspirations.

At Galore Media’s inaugural Girl Cult festival in 2017, Banks boldly asserted that models falling below the 5’10 threshold should not be disheartened in their pursuit of the industry.

“I think, because of Ashley Graham, that moment is about three years away. And that’s when the short girls need to sneak up and have their movement.” Banks claimed.

Tyra Banks or Katie Couric: Who is taller?

Tyra Banks once shared the stage with Katie Couric on the latter's show, and it left Couric astonished by Banks' real height in feet.

Reportedly, Katie Couric's real height is 5 feet 3 inches (160 cm or 1.6 m), while Tyra Banks stands tall at 5 feet 10 inches. This revealed a notable 7-inch height difference between the two.

During Katie Couric's daytime show, the contrast in height between Tyra Banks and Katie Couric was quite striking.

Banks appeared on a platform, donning heels and a snug mini dress, making for a lighthearted and memorable guest appearance on Couric's show.

Banks notably towered over the television host, standing a whole head above Couric who even tweeted a picture of them together after the show, playfully exclaiming, 'I knew @tyrabanks was tall - but seriously???'.

Their height difference once again garnered attention at the New York Women in Communications 2012 Matrix Awards.

Notably, Couric presented an award to Banks, and they made a memorable entrance on the red carpet, with a stool provided so they could stand at a similar height.

Couric stood on the stool, and Banks, with a friendly side hug, leaned her head on Couric’s shoulder as per Daily Mail.

Tyra Banks' height compared to Megan Thee Stallion

Tyra Banks and Megan Thee Stallion created a buzz when they joined forces for an interview conducted by Banks in a hot tub, leading to speculation about their respective heights.

Reportedly, Stallion's true height measures at 5 feet 10 inches (178 cm or 1.78 m), while Tyra Banks also stands at 5 feet 10 inches. This revelation surprised many, as both internet personalities are of the exact same height, down to the inch.

Stallion once playfully claimed a height of 5 feet 10 inches, humorously suggesting she might stretch to 6 feet 2 inches with heels.

She also expressed that she's never felt self-conscious about her height, as she's always admired leggy supermodels like Tyra Banks, Naomi Campbell, and Gisele Bundchen.

Megan told the fashion magazine British Vogue, "I'm 5ft 10in, probably 6ft 2in in heels. Honestly, nobody in my family told me that being tall was a bad thing. My family made me feel like I was so beautiful and I looked at a lot of models, the women my mom would put in my face -Tyra Banks, Gisele, Naomi Campbell - so it was like, 'Oh, that's me!' Not skinny, but because I'm super tall. So when people tried to tease me, I didn't see the insult. I love being tall, I like the air up here” as per female first.

Tags news