Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Never felt any pressure': 'Queen Charlotte' star India Amarteifio reflects on how parents supported her career

2023-05-11 21:22
India Amarteifio made her West End theater debut at the age of nine and got her first TV role in 'The Interceptor' at 12
'Never felt any pressure': 'Queen Charlotte' star India Amarteifio reflects on how parents supported her career

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: While India Amarteifio became a successful entertainer at nine, her family's direct support was vital in the 'Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story' becoming the accomplished performer she is today. When no stylists on set could work with Amarteifio's natural type 3C hair, her mother would occasionally style her hair to prevent damage. She still lives in England with her mother as of May 2023.

For the making of the Netflix hit, it was important for her that the on-set beauticians made "classy" dos without fixing her locks. While maintaining its trademark bright outfits and steamy love scenes accompanied by string quartet covers of pop songs, the 'Bridgerton' prequel addresses serious issues like mental health, racism, and classism.

READ MORE

Here's the true inspiration behind Netflix's ‘Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story

'Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story' on Netflix: Why was Queen Charlotte trying to escape from the King?

The actress portrays the young version of Golda Rosheuvel's Queen Charlotte. Rosheuvel is back in the role, as is Adjoa Andoh, who cast Arsema Thomas as Lady Danbury when she was younger. King George, the troubled young man, is played by Corey Mylchreest. When Amarteifio appeared on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' shortly after the first season premiere, she joked about one thing her family might need to do before they can watch the show like the rest of the world, as per reports.

'I never felt any pressure'

Amarteifio's family was not the driving force behind the talented former child star's career. She made her West End theater debut at the age of nine and got her first TV role in 'The Interceptor' at the age of 12. She reflected on the fact that she does not believe she would be where she is today if she "had the normal Monday to Friday go to school childhood." The 'Sex Education' star elaborated, "It's been incredibly important in creating who I am, and I love what I do, so I never felt any pressure from my parents or anyone around me. It's always something I've wanted to do, and I've been driven to do it," as reported by Amomama.

The Netflix star was "inspired" and got the "drive to want to keep pushing" a career in a complex industry by watching her single mother, who raised her and her sister in Twickenham, England. "She kind of instilled in me how important it is to put your all into something to reap the rewards," Amarteifio said, as per reports.

The actress, who was the only person of color in the room numerous times and was a mixed-race child of a Ghanaian father and a white British mother, could relate to the role of Queen Charlotte in numerous ways. However, the monarch's lack of support was one aspect of the role for which she could not draw any lessons from her past, as reported by Amomama.

'My parents were very understanding'

Amarteifio was in charge of major life decisions, whereas Queen Charlotte was forced to marry an outsider from Germany. "If I ever wanted to explore anything, or I wasn't happy in a certain situation," the actress said in an interview, "my parents were very understanding."

When Amarteifio appeared on Jimmy Kimmel's late-night show in late April 2023, she was astonished by how big everything is in the United States. The host from Los Angeles also shared images of her Netflix billboards, notable landmarks that have appeared on his way to work. Kimmel joked that one is in a "prime location" above the Liquor Locker, as per reports.

Tags news epcelebs