Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Will KSI not fight Jake Paul? Youtuber plans to retire from professional boxing after Tommy Fury bout

2023-08-02 14:17
The KSI versus Tommy Fury fight will finally occur after months of rumors and discussions
Will KSI not fight Jake Paul? Youtuber plans to retire from professional boxing after Tommy Fury bout

CLEVELAND, OHIO: The KSI and Tommy Fury bout will finally occur after months of rumors, but the former YouTube star turned boxer has also announced something startling about his professional career. News of his fight with Fury was revealed on August 1, and the main event is set for October 14 at the AO Arena in Manchester, England.

KSI suggested that his brief professional boxing career may end after the bout with Fury. This meant that the his bout with Jake Paul may never happen. Paul is among the most well-known social media celebrities who turned into a professional boxer.

‘I feel like that's gonna be my final fight’

According to a tweet by talkSPORT's Michael Benson the YouTube star had little faith that a Paul fight would happen. “KSI has said he believes he will retire from influencer boxing without fighting Jake Paul if he beats Tommy Fury on Oct 14th: 'I feel like that's gonna be my final fight. I just don't see the Jake Paul fight happening,'” the Tweet read.

KSI versus Tommy Fury

The Misfits x DAZN Series 009 card on October 14 will feature KSI and Fury in an official showdown. The duo has formally declared that they will fight after months of discussions. KSI has been considering a bout with Fury ever since he defeated Paul in early 2023 because he wanted to establish himself as the finest influencer boxer.

It is, however, fair to assume that after all the back-and-forth during contract talks, things came to a head between the two. That is, until KSI issued an ultimatum to Fury, setting a deadline for him to sign the contract before he forfeited his chance to fight. Fury said he had been "disrespected" during the discussions and demanded that KSI made amends.

Misfits president Mams Taylor announced the Series 009 card in July. The advertising artwork depicted the 'X' emblem split into four sections, with the top-left corner displaying KSI's renowned bandana and the opposite corner showing the word 'FURY' written in fire.

Tags news