Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Taylor Swift's 'Is It Over Now?' about Harry Styles? Iconic sad boat reference in '1989' vault track sparks wild theories online

2023-10-27 21:27
Fans speculate about Taylor Swift's recent song where she calls an unidentified ex a 'lying traitor'
Is Taylor Swift's 'Is It Over Now?' about Harry Styles? Iconic sad boat reference in '1989' vault track sparks wild theories online

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: When it comes to her music, Taylor Swift is the queen of leaving Easter eggs in her songs for her fans to speculate on.

The most recent one is the 'Is It Over Now?' song from the '1989 (Taylor's Version)' album, released on October 27, which according to fans, might allude to her former lover Harry Styles.

The singer, 33, has included never-before-heard tracks on the reissue of her fifth album, '1989', which launched her career to new heights in 2014.

The album includes all 19 original songs as well as five more songs "from the vault"; some of these songs might indicate her breakup with Styles, 29, whom she dated before the 2014 release of '1989.'

Swift calls out a past lover in the new song 'Is It Over Now?', accusing him of being a "lying traitor" and having an affair with other models following their breakup, per Daily Mail.

Fans believe Harry Styles linked to breakup Taylor describes in 'Is It Over Now?'

The couple parted ways nearly ten years ago. However, longtime Swifties observed a link between the two and the new From The Vault tune 'Is It Over Now?'

In the synth-pop ballad 'Is It Over Now? (Taylor's Verison),' Swift seems to be singing about how hard it is to move on from a former relationship when both individuals are in the spotlight.

Swift sings, "And did you think I didn’t see you? / There were flashin’ lights," apparently in reference to her ex-partner being seen in pictures.

"At least I had the decency / To keep my nights out of sight / Only rumors ’bout my hips and thighs /And my whispered sighs," she continues.

Swift continues, labeling the former lover a "lying traitor" and charging them with looking in "every model’s bed for something greater."

Swift refers to the ex's "new girl" as her "clone" and jokes about their shared reluctance to let go of their romance in other parts of the song, as per US Weekly.

Taylor Swift's infamous snowmobile accident

Swift disclosed that she and her ex-partner were once engaged in a snowmobile accident in an interview with Rolling Stone in 2014. She told the media, "You know what I’ve found works even better than an NDA?"

"Looking someone in the eye and saying, ‘Please don’t tell anyone about this." In contrast, Styles was seen in pictures with a bandage over his chin a few days after the event.

Swift recalls a "blue dress on a boat" in the second verse as well. Swift and Styles are said to have called it quits in 2013 while on vacation in the Virgin Islands.

Fans of Swift might recall a picture that appeared online in 2013 and showed Swift sitting grimly by herself on a yacht in the Virgin Islands, clad in black sunglasses and a blue outfit.

At the time, rumors circulated that Swift and Styles had been on vacation together when they got into an argument and called it quits. The picture in question shows her departing the trip by herself.

Despite their brief romance, many believe Swift's connection with Styles was a major influence on '1989', her album that was released in October 2014 and featured songs like 'Out of the Woods,' 'Style,' and more.

Internet goes bonkers over speculations about Taylor Swift's 'Is It Over Now?' being about Harry Styles

Online Swifties and other Internet users took to online platform X (formerly Twitter) to express their views on speculations that Swift's 'Is It Over Now?' song is about Styles.

One fan quipped, "Harry styles listening to “Is It Over Now?” thinking he was safe from the rerecordings," with an image of Swift.

A second X user wrote, "Harry after listening to is it over now?" with a clip of Styles.

"Is it over now?” Taylor said “I’m talking about Harry Edward Styles and I will make sure every last one of you b*****s knows it”, wrote a third one.

A fourth one joked, "Harry Styles when the songs switched from Suburban Legends to Is It Over Now," with snaps of Swift.

One more X user speculated, "Wow, Taylor Swift was being so nice to Harry Styles to leave Is It Over Now off of the original 1989…"

"Howling at "is it over now?" By Taylor Swift, Harry styles really thought it would be okay then she drops it like HARRY EDWARD STYLES ARE YOU LISTENING It's so good though love Harry and Taylor," added another one.

One more exclaimed, "I’ve been waiting 10 years to hear more about Harry Styles and Taylor Swift break up and her leaving on that freaking boat!!!!!!! Thank you “Is it over now!” #1989TaylorsVersion #vaulttracks #1989 #taylorswift".

"Taylor Swift pulled out Is It Over Now? and said sorry Harry no one can think they’re safe you can’t walk away unscathed," chimed in another one.

One more asserted, "Is it over now is 100% about Harry styles she finally flamed him I’m here for it I’m a child of divorce let mom be bitter for a moment".

Tags news