Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jennifer Lawrence reveals motherhood has made her rethink her career plans, jokes she might become a 'helicopter mom'

2023-06-13 01:47
Jennifer Lawrence said she was not planning to work for a long time after giving birth but was drawn to star in and produce 'No Hard Feelings'
Jennifer Lawrence reveals motherhood has made her rethink her career plans, jokes she might become a 'helicopter mom'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jennifer Lawrence who welcomed her son Cy last year said she was not planning to direct or work for a long time after giving birth but was drawn to star in and produce the comedy 'No Hard Feelings'. Even though Lawrence produced and starred in the R-rated comedy set for release on June 23, the actress is in no hurry to pursue her directorial ambitions.

The 32-year-old said that motherhood has made her rethink her career plans and focus on her family. In an interview on 'Good Morning America' on Monday, the 'Hunger Games star' said she used to think about directing a feature film, but now she finds it too hard.

'Now I'm just so tired and it just looks so hard'

"I used to think that [I would direct]. Now I'm just so tired and it just looks so hard," she told 'GMA' host George Stephanopoulos, according to Daily Mail. She added that she was enjoying her role as a producer which allowed her to be more involved in the creative process. "It's good. It's busy but focused and streamlined. I don't take on anything that I can't personally read every draft of and give notes on," she said.

Lawrence also stated that she had no intention of returning to acting so soon after delivery, but she was impressed by the script of 'No Hard Feelings' which she described as "the funniest thing I had ever read."

'I'm just gonna try to take in every second'

She emphasized that she would prefer to spend time with her family before starting another endeavor right away. "Once you start your family, that's the greatest thing in the world. I'm just gonna try to take in every second and be present and enjoy it," she said.

She also joked that she might become a "helicopter mom" and said she was amazed by her son and all newborns. "The morning after I gave birth, I felt like my whole life had started over. Like, now is day one of my life," she said in a Vogue interview last year. "I just stared. I was just so in love. I also fell in love with all babies everywhere. Newborns are just so amazing."

'My heart has stretched to a capacity that I didn't know about'

She continued: "My heart has stretched to a capacity that I didn't know about. I include my husband in that. And then they're both just, like, out there — walking around, crossing streets." Lawrence and Maroney, an art gallerist, tied the knot in 2019 at Belcourt Castle in Newport, Rhode Island.

Tags news