Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why does Robin Roberts call her fiance ‘Sweet Amber’? 'GMA' star shares heartbreaking story behind Amber Laign’s nickname

2023-08-17 12:57
Robin Roberts revealed that Amber Laign never let her down, especially when she had breast cancer
Why does Robin Roberts call her fiance ‘Sweet Amber’? 'GMA' star shares heartbreaking story behind Amber Laign’s nickname

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The 'Good Morning America' star Robin Roberts celebrated her bachelorette party on the morning show on Wednesday, August 16.

The ‘GMA’ host and her partner Amber Laign are expected to tie the knot in a few weeks.

The producers of the morning show decided to play a small role in the festivities by providing the studio as a podium for Robin and Amber’s bachelorette party, which was attended by all of the couple's co-hosts and friends.

However, there were many revelations about the couple during the show and the viewers once and for all, finally learned as to why Roberts nicknamed her partner ‘Sweet Amber.’

Roberts disclosed that Amber never left her when the times got tough after the death of her father and especially when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Why does Robin Roberts call Amber Laign ‘Sweet Amber’?

The ‘GMA’ host met her soon-to-be wife Amber Laign on a blind date in 2005. Their relationship soon blossomed and the two began dating.

Although Roberts went through a period of grief after the death of her father and then was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago.

The 62-year-old revealed that Amber stood by her, helped her, cared for her, and didn’t leave her when the going got tough for her.

In the recent clip on ‘GMA’, Roberts mentioned why she really calls her partner ‘Sweet Amber’

Roberts said, “You know people have asked me all along. But it was so organic, like much of our time together. It. It just kind of happened.”

The ‘GMA’ host further added, “When I met Amber, I was still grieving over the loss of my father and then to be diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007 ... Amber didn’t even bat an eye. She could have bailed and no one would have blamed her.”

Roberts then stated that at this moment the name ‘Sweet Amber’ came to her. “And I think at that moment, the name ‘Sweet Amber,’ I would just kind of gently, softly say it to myself.”

Robin and Amber have been together for 18 years and the ‘GMA’ host loves the kindness that her partner exhibits. “She’s just really, really kind,” Roberts added in the video.

'GMA' broadcasts Robin Roberts and Amber Laign’s love story

The ‘GMA’ studio aired a special segment for the couple. Robin and Amber were dressed all in white, decked out and excited about the surprises that awaited them.

However, despite celebrating their bachelorette on air, ‘GMA’ also celebrated their love story and the journey that the duo had embarked on for 18 years.

In a carousel Instagram post, ‘GMA’ narrated the big events in Robin and Amber’s journey. The post included the details of their first meeting in 2005, Amber’s first perfection of her fiance, and Roberts’ thoughts about their upcoming marriage.

The two are expected to get married before the end of 2023.

Tags news