Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Ken Rosato returns to Instagram with Father's Day post a month after ABC ouster over hot-mic remark

2023-06-19 15:55
Former ABC news anchor Ken Rosato has maintained that the remark that got him fired was not racial in nature
Ken Rosato returns to Instagram with Father's Day post a month after ABC ouster over hot-mic remark

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ABC7's former news anchor Ken Rosato finally broke his Instagram silence by sharing a sweet post on Father’s Day. It has been a month since the journalist was fired from WABC-TV over a hot mic remark against co-host Shirleen Allicot.

On Sunday, June 18, Rosato shared a snap of himself with his father as a Father's Day tribute. The 56-year-old was associated with the network as a morning anchor from 2007 until he was fired in May 2023. Before that, Rosato worked as an anchor and reported at WNYW-TV in New York City for a year. He received an Emmy Award for his reporting on a steam pipe explosion in New York City.

Ken Rosato’s IG return

Rosato captioned his loving post, “Happy Father's Day to the man who means everything to me. I'm blessed to have him with me still. I love you Dad!"

Why was Ken Rosato fired?

Earlier in May, Rosato was let go of his duties as an anchor from the morning news. Although it was initially not known why he was fired, an insider later revealed that he made a “C comment that got him fired.” His comment was allegedly aimed at co-host Allicot, and many speculated it was a racial slur. However, a spokesperson for the journalist has strongly refuted the accusation. He told Page Six, “Being fired for any racial slur is 100 percent inaccurate and untrue. Ken Rosato had a benchmark of 20 years at WABC of supporting all equality.” Rosato also freelanced with ABC between 2003 and 2007, before officially joining 'Eyewitness News' as a host. WABC hasn't disclosed the exact reason for his ouster, but the station's general manager expressed gratitude for Rosato's years of service in an email to staff.