Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who designed Johnny Depp's tattoo jacket? Fans spot Lily-Rose embroidery on actor's outfit during Hollywood Vampires show

2023-07-07 19:24
Johnny Depp previously wore the custom tattoo jacket for a Father's Day performance in June
Who designed Johnny Depp's tattoo jacket? Fans spot Lily-Rose embroidery on actor's outfit during Hollywood Vampires show

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: Johnny Depp recently brought back his iconic tattoo jacket and wore the outfit while performing in the UK with his band Hollywood Vampires on Wednesday, July 5. Fans of the actor were quick to spot the custom piece on social media, also noticing the "Lily-Rose" embroidery made on the jacket to depict a similar tattoo that actor inked atop his chest in honor of his daughter, actress Lily-Rose Depp.

The customized jacket, which has gained popularity among Depp's fans, has been designed by Solenne Menger, founder of Lord SM Paris brand. Some of the actor's other iconic tattoos embroidered in the outfit includes, the infamous Wino Forever banner on Depp's biceps and the "Captain Jack Sparrow" tattoo on his forearm, which is a tribute to his 'Pirates of the Caribbean' character. Prior to the latest show, the 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' star wore the tattoo jacker for a Father's Day performance in June.

Who is Solenne Menger?

Menger is a fashion designer and the founder of the Lord SM Paris brand, which offers "free style" clothing collection for men, women, and even kids, in a variety of styles ranging from "rock to ethnic" and "from dandy chic to trash," including outfits like made-to-measure jackets, silk dresses and patchwork scarves. She reportedly spent two years in fine arts, studying fashion designing at ESMOD Paris and stepped into the world of fashion through internships at Dior, Castelbajac, Cerruti, the trends Trend-office Union and Libertin Louison.

During her studies back in 2000, Menger created her first brand named, "Immaculate December," and sold collections at Martin in Paris. She reportedly had a childhood surrounded by the world of art from the maternal side and began designing drawing inspiration from the sewing boxes and hats of her grandmother, creating customized jeans, creating bags and accessories.

Menger reportedly prefers to stitch and design “free style,” transforming and recreating from things that are already existing. Over the years, she made recycling her biggest strength and started making designs by transcribing various sources of inspirations such as music, film, history, and the ethnic richness of the world. Menger created Lord SM Paris in 2009 with the motto of “NO overconsumption!” and a “Green” approach against mass production.

'The tattoo jacket is back!!'

Fans of Depp has long shared their love for this tattoo jacket and took to Twitter to react to the actor wearing it once again for his London show. "The tattoo jacket is back!! #JohnnyDepp #JohnnyDeppIsALegend #HollywoodVampires," a fan wrote. "Love it. JD looks great," another commented. "Johnny and his tattoo jacket, that’s it, that’s the tweet," a third wrote.

"June 18th, Graspop Belgium Johnny is wearing his tattoo jacket! Lily-Rose, Jack and Betty Sue… On Father's Day he's on stage with his family #JohnnyDepp #HollywoodVampires," a fan wrote when Depp wore the jacket last month. "Tour style — stop #6 Johnny Depp is wearing what I call the tattoo jacket with Lily-Rose on it," added another at the time.

What did Solenne Menger say about Johnny Depp's tattoo jacket?

Designer Menger spoke about designing Depp's customized tattoo jacket on a blog posted back in 2018. She revealed that jewelry designer Jean Michel, aka Marylin of Mars, who made jewels for Hollywood Vampires and Alice Cooper, first introduced her to Tommy Henriksen, Ryan Roxie, and Depp. "And I also made two pieces for Johnny Depp," Menger wrote in a blog post. "He has many faces and an infinite knowledge about art and life that it is impossible to express all I had to say to him in two pieces. So I choose the Navajo kid from Hollywood, see his Navajo tattoo in leather on his sleeve," she added.

"The Navajo jacket is a sister of the Peruvian Dream Jacket , by Lord SM Paris, and this one looks more Navajo than Peruvian in some details and was bound to be re-named "Navajo Jacket" for Johnny," the designer continued. "The second creation is the tattooed shirt "I tatt you tatt me" a new idea I am going to decline for any private customers who desire to get their clothes tattooed like their own body," Menger concluded, in part.