Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'He gave me the look’: The View’s Sunny Hostin details 'emotional' experience of dropping son off at college

2023-09-09 12:19
'The View' host Sunny Hostin revealed she cried over a difficult change her son, Gabriel, recently faced
'He gave me the look’: The View’s Sunny Hostin details 'emotional' experience of dropping son off at college

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘The View’ host Sunny Hostin recently opened up about an emotional moment while dropping off her son, Gabriel, at college.

The 54-year-old spoke about the incident on ‘The View: Behind the Table’ podcast, sharing that Gabriel and her, both had tears in their eyes when it was time to bid goodbye to each other.

Hostin mentioned that it was unbelievably painful for her to see her son “leave” and his “teary-eyed” reaction made it more difficult for her.

The View’s Sunny Hostin recalls ‘emotional’ exchange with her son Gabriel

Hostin sat down with The View’s executive producer, Brian Teta, to discuss her love of legal Hot Topics on the show and her home life with her husband, Emmanuel, and two children.

Teta brought up the subject of her 21-year-old son, Gabriel, who was off for his third year at Harvard University.

Teta asked, "Is it still hard to say goodbye?” Hostin recalled the time when she dropped Gabriel off and said, “I could not believe, Brian, how hard it was to leave [Gabriel] there, and I thought it would get easier every year.”

However, Hostin then revealed her and Gabriel’s reaction when she was about to leave the dorm room and bid her goodbye to her son.

She said, "We went to help him, and we finally finished; it took us two days. He gave me the look that your three-year-old gives you when you're going out to dinner, and they don't know what time you're coming back. That's the only way I can explain it.”

“And so, then he's like kind of teary-eyed, and then I start crying. My husband's like, 'This is ridiculous. You two are ridiculous.' We're very close.”

Hostin’s intense emotional exchange while dropping her son to college was something that ‘The View' host admitted publicly only recently.

‘The View’ Sunny Hostin helped her son Gabriel on his ‘moving day'

Hostin recently shared a few snaps from the day she helped her son move into his dorm room.

One photo captured Sunny, Emmanuel, and Gabriel smiling at the camera while standing outside Gabriel's building.

Others showed the group tidying and decorating Gabriel's new space with colorful artwork. The final was a solo shot of Gabriel looking proud as he leaned on a pillar outside the building.

Hostin captioned her post, “Junior Year move-in day for Gabriel. I cannot believe it’s still so hard to drive away. Have a great year sweetheart. Sigh. (With a heart emoji)”

Tags news