Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Toby Keith OK? Country musician opens up about the possibility of performing amid cancer diagnosis

2023-07-28 02:29
'Basically, everything is in a real positive trend. You never know about cancer, so you have to prepare,' said Toby Keith
Is Toby Keith OK? Country musician opens up about the possibility of performing amid cancer diagnosis

OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA: Toby Keith who was diagnosed with stomach cancer shared a positive update about his health. The country singer who took a break from music after the diagnosis now looks forward to the cancerous tumor being "even less."

Speaking to the local newspaper 'The Oklahoman', the 62-year-old said, "I'm feeling pretty good. [...] I'm about another eight weeks from my last scan. So, I expect next time I look for that tumor to be even less." Keith who gained popularity through his hit song 'Should've Been a Cowboy' was diagnosed with the illness in 2021.

Will Keith return to the stage?

According to Newsweek, the singer appeared in public after a long time at the Toby Keith & Friends Golf Classic fundraising event where he shared the latest health update. At the function, Keith shared he was still undergoing chemotherapy and added that his tumor has now shrunk by a third with blood tests looking "good."

He also opened up about hoping to return back to the stage toward the end of this year. "Basically, everything is in a real positive trend. You never know about cancer, so you have to prepare. But my goal is, I feel better; I've got more wind. And I'm thinking about bringing the band in and setting up, playing two or three days somewhere just to see if I can get through two hours. And if I do, (I'll) be out on the road this fall," he told The Oklahoman.

Keith's health diagnosis

The singer took to Instagram to reveal the news of his cancer diagnosis in June 2022. "Last fall I was diagnosed with stomach cancer. I've spent the last six months receiving chemo, radiation, and surgery. So far, so good. I need time to breathe, recover and relax," Keith wrote.

"I am looking forward to spending this time with my family. But I will see the fans sooner than later. I can't wait," added Keith who has not released a new song or performed since his album 'Peso in My Pocket' released in 2021.

On July 21, the country singer took to social media to reveal that he sang alongside Sawyer Brown and Mark Miller at the golf classic event. In a clip of him singing on karaoke inside an Uber which was posted on July 14, Keith sang 'Courtesy of showed his fans that he is still able to enjoy and sing with his strong voice.

Tags news epcelebs