Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Swifties hail Travis Kelce's reaction to bracelet he received with a rather telling message

2023-10-16 15:19
Travis Kelce's sweet gesture after receiving a friendship bracelet wins over the Internet
Swifties hail Travis Kelce's reaction to bracelet he received with a rather telling message

EAST RUTHERFORD, NEW JERSEY: Fans have long approved Taylor Swift's latest beau Travis Kelce. But the approval went a notch higher after the 34-year-old athlete's jubilant reaction to receiving a friendship bracelet while attending the New York Jets versus Philadelphia Eagles game went viral.

On Sunday, October 15, the Kansas City Chiefs tight ender was in attendance at the MetLife Stadium to support the Eagles where his brother Jason Kelce plays.

The two-time Super Bowl champion received an "on the map" friendship bracelet during the match. The NFL star warmly accepted the bracelet with a hearty smile. Swifties were naturally impressed by his gesture as they took to the internet to let their appreciation known.

The trend of "on the map" went viral when female TikTokers tried pranking their male family members by saying “Taylor Swift put Travis Kelce on the map," and recording their reactions, per TODAY.

However, Kelce received the "on the map" bracelet in a jovial mood, and that made many Swifties praise him and agree that he "is secure in his masculinity."

'Swifties understood the assignment'

Fans flocked to the internet and praised Kelce for his reaction. One of the fans said, "Travis is secure in his masculinity. Others should take note."

Someone else remarked, "I love that he’s having fun with it and he’s unbothered about it. I can imagine him arriving to Taylor’s house and showing her that bracelet and both laughing."

Another Swiftie chimed in, "He looks happy with the friendship bracelet, a nice symbol of their friendship. I hope they remain good friends."

"Travis is just a sweet and gentleman," quipped someone else.

"The way all the guys are smiling and laughing in this video!! So cute the swiftie effect," hypothesized another fan of Taylor Swift.

A social media user gave their approval of Kelce by saying,"Ok I was really hesitant about him, but he's really growing on me."

"We all know he showed Taylor," said another fan.

Someone else quipped, "Swifties understood the assignment."

Travis Kelce tried to give Taylor Swift a bracelet with his 'number on it'

In July, Travis Kelse shared on his podcast 'New Heights with Jason and Travis Kelce' which he co-hosts with his brother, that he unsuccessfully tried to give Taylor Swift a friendship bracelet with his number on it.

In the podcast, Jason told Kelce that he knew that the Chiefs star went to watch Swift's 'The Eras Tour' concert stop at the Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City and asked him to share the experience.

Kelce shared, “I was disappointed that she doesn’t talk before or after her shows because she has to save her voice for the 44 songs that she sings,” before adding, “So I was a little butthurt I didn’t get to hand her one of the bracelets I made for her.”

He further explained the concept of friendship bracelets, “If you’re up on Taylor Swift concerts, there are friendship bracelets, and I received a bunch of them being there, but I wanted to give Taylor Swift one with my number on it," per CNN.

The practice of sharing friendship bracelets during the Taylor Swift concerts started significantly after the singer sang in her 'You’re on Your Own, Kid' song from her latest 'Midnights' album, “Cause there were pages turned with the bridges burned / Everything you lose is a step you take / So make the friendship bracelets, take the moment and taste it / You’ve got no reason to be afraid.”

The bracelets are traded as the medium of shared experiences.

Tags news