Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan rejects the possibility of Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Charles Oliveira fight: 'That's not going to happen'

2023-10-02 15:16
Joe Rogan has stated that it is not possible that there will be a Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Charles Oliveira fight as the former has retired
Joe Rogan rejects the possibility of Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Charles Oliveira fight: 'That's not going to happen'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: UFC color commentator and 'JRE' podcast host Joe Rogan has dismissed the idea of a Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Charles Oliveira fight as it was initially proposed by UFC bantamweight champion, Sean O’Malley.

Due to his perfect 29-0 record, Khabib Nurmagomedov, a member of the UFC Hall of Fame, is recognized as one of the best fighters to ever enter the octagon. Even in retirement, fans excitedly await the idea of him going up against imposing rivals like Charles Oliveira and Georges St-Pierre.

Joe Rogan's opinion on Khabib Nurmagomedov's return differs from Sean O'Malley

A fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Charles Oliveira was suggested by Sean 'Sugar' O'Malley on a recent episode of the Joe Rogan Experience MMA Show. Joe Rogan, the host of the show, voiced his concerns about the contest.

After their trilogy battle, 'Sugar' wanted Oliveira to defeat Makhachev and call out 'The Eagle', Khabib. Oliveira and Makhchev are set to clash heads on October 21 at UFC 294.

“But, I would love to see Charles Oliveira f**king win. That would make for a huge trilogy. Maybe call Khabib out. No, there’s no shot,” he said.

The podcast host, who is a die-hard supporter of the Dagestani fighter, disagreed, saying, “That’s not going to happen.”

The 56-year-old made a good point when he stated that the retired fighter Nurmagomedov has always denied the prospect of a U-turn. 'The Eagle' has stated in the past that he doesn't have anything left to show as a professional fighter.

When fans accused Joe Rogan of biased commentary

The UFC's hiring of Joe Rogan wasn't without criticism. Fans most infamously charged Rogan with prejudiced commentary against Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 223.

'The Eagle' defeated Al Iaquinta by unanimous decision on the fight card. Joe Rogan was among many who were taken aback by the fight's prolonged duration despite the fact that Nurmagomedov ultimately prevailed.

Just a few days after the incident, Joe Rogan apologized publicly for his behavior, saying that he never intended to be biased against Nurmagomedov and that he merely attempted to highlight any weaknesses in the Dagestani's strategy that Al Iaquinta may have shown, per Sportskeeda.

“When I’m commenting on someone that is dominant, I am constantly looking for cracks in their armor, and on Saturday night, we saw the first of those cracks exposed by an incredible game Al Iaquinta... Most people, myself included, expected the highly favored Khabib to ragdoll his last-minute opponent,” Rogan said.

He added, “Khabib won that fight by a landslide, but it went to a decision, and that in and of itself was an upset...If any of you were annoyed by my concentrating on that aspect of an incredibly dominant performance by one of the most impressive guys in the history of the division, please accept my sincere apology.”

Tags news