Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'He smiled all the time': Jane Slagsvol pens a heartfelt tribute to late husband Jimmy Buffett

2023-09-12 03:48
'Jimmy was always the optimist, always twinkling, always making us laugh,' Jane Slagsvol wrote
'He smiled all the time': Jane Slagsvol pens a heartfelt tribute to late husband Jimmy Buffett

KEY WEST, FLORIDA: Jane Slagsvol, the wife of legendary singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett, has penned a heartfelt tribute to her husband who passed away on September 1 after a four-year battle with a rare type of skin cancer.

In a post on Buffett’s official website, Slagsvol thanked his fans, friends, family and the medical staff who supported them during the difficult time.

What did Jane Slagsvol say about Jimmy Buffett's love for performing?

Slagsvol, 72, wrote that Buffett’s fans were like a “big, boisterous” family to them.

“Thank you for creating the world’s most joyful community,” she wrote.

“The smile that Jimmy beamed at you from the stage was sparked by your spirit. I think that’s why he loved performing so much," she continued.

"He was so grateful to the community you built around him. Your sympathy and support inspire and comfort me and my family," she added.

Jane Slagsvol said Jimmy Buffett listened to everything during hospice care

She expressed her gratitude to the teams of doctors, nurses, hospice workers, and caregivers, saying, "Your compassion was overwhelming in the best possible way."

Buffett was diagnosed with Merkel-cell carcinoma, a rare and aggressive type of skin cancer, in 2019.

"Jimmy listened to everything you said and followed your every order. You gave him hope, even at the most hopeless moments,” Jane wrote.

She added, “Thank you for your tenacity in seeking the best solutions at each stage of his illness.

"You were honest, brave, and empathic; you showed us such dignity and goodness. I could not have asked for a better team of professionals," she continued.

Jane Slagsvol shared how joyful and humorous Jimmy Buffet was despite being ill

Jane Slagsvol also remembered Buffett’s love for life, music and people. She said that he was always optimistic, joyful and humorous, even when he was suffering.

“Every cell in his body was filled with joy,” she gushed, adding, “He smiled all the time, even when he was deeply ill. And his sense of humour never wavered."

"Jimmy was always the optimist, always twinkling, always making us laugh," she continued.

What was Jimmy Buffett's most iconic song?

Buffett was best known for his hit song 'Margaritaville' which was arguably his best too. Jimmy died at his home in Long Island at the age of 76.

He had performed his final concert on July 2 in Rhode Island and married to Slagsvol since August 1977.

They share three children: Savannah, 44, Sarah, 31, and Cameron, 29.

Jimmy Buffett knew he was loved

"One of the last songs Jimmy recorded was 'Bubbles Up.' He sang, “Just know that you are loved, there is light up above, and the joy is always enough. Bubbles up.”' Jane wrote in the concluding lines.

She added, "Jimmy knew he was loved. Right until the end, he looked for the light. Thank you for giving joy to him and to me."

Tags news