Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Outer Banks' star Chase Stokes thrilled as Kelsea Ballerini fans dub him 'golden retriever boyfriend': 'I'll take it'

2023-06-22 16:52
Chase Stokes praised Kelsea Ballerini, saying, 'She seriously is the best human being on planet Earth, and she's so damn talented'
'Outer Banks' star Chase Stokes thrilled as Kelsea Ballerini fans dub him 'golden retriever boyfriend': 'I'll take it'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Chase Stokes and country music singer Kelsea Ballerini first sparked dating rumors in January 2023, after being seen together at the College Football National Championship Game in Los Angeles. Fans have praised the couple's amazing chemistry, and some have even labeled the 30-year-old Outer Banks actor her "golden retriever" partner, to which he recently responded, "I'll take it." The cute couple's amorous photos routinely went viral on social media and dazzled admirers.

The 30-year-old star discussed his relationship with the country musician while at Netflix's Tudum: A Global Fan Event and responded to the internet's label of him as the ideal "golden retriever" partner. "I'll take the job, I'll take it," Stokes revealed to Entertainment Tonight. He also said that the term fits him perfectly because Milo, his dog, is a golden retriever and German shepherd mix. Stokes also opened up about his relationship with Ballerini in the interview.

What is a 'golden retriever boyfriend'?

If you've never heard of the term "golden retriever boyfriend," Urban Dictionary describes it as "a significant other that is easygoing and makes it fairly simple to maintain a happy and fulfilling relationship." The phrase first appeared on TikTok in 2021, when girls displayed the qualities of the perfect boyfriend.

What did Stokes say about Ballerini?

Stokes gushed in another part of the interview about his "talented" girlfriend. He grinned, "Oh my gosh, she seriously is the best human being on planet Earth and she's so damn talented." 'The Tell Me Your Secrets' actor added that despite being abroad for the occasion, he never lets distance prevent him from cheering on Ballerini from a distance. "I was just watching videos, she's been sending me stuff from last night in Santa Barbara," he claimed. "Just to see her music and her shine in the ways that she is in recent times, it's been beautiful."

Kelsea entered into a new romance with a fresh outlook after filing for divorce from her ex-husband Morgan Evans in August 2022, as cited by PEOPLE. The 29-year-old singer explained for the first time how she met Stokes. She admitted to sliding into his DMs after the two began following each other on Instagram. "I've never seen his show, but I just knew of him, and I just swan dove right on in," Ballerini explained.

Tags news epcelebs