Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

LSU stars Angel Reese and Olivia Dunne steal the spotlight at SI Swimsuit launch in New York City

2023-05-23 05:46
Angel Reese and Olivia Dunne have made their debut in this year's issue, becoming the first college athletes ever to be featured in SI Swimsuit
LSU stars Angel Reese and Olivia Dunne steal the spotlight at SI Swimsuit launch in New York City

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: At a recent release party of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit’s 2023 issue, LSU basketball star Angel Reese and Lady Tigers gymnast Olivia Dunne teamed up and grabbed a lot of attention. The event took place on Thursday, May 18 at the Hard Rock Hotel, where, ‘LSU’s finest’ Reese and Dunne came in together and later posted several pics on social media.

Reese, who recently led LSU to its first national championship in program history, picked a stunning red cutout dress from FashionNova while her companion for the evening Dunne, chose a black lace gown. The duo are the first college athletes to make it on SI Swimsuit this year’s issue. Dunne shot for the iconic magazine when she traveled to Puerto Rico in January, giving several hot poses in her bikini. In her post, she called the experience a “dream come true.” She said, “Two days ago I competed, I was at school, and then yesterday I flew here, had my fitting, and here I am shooting," according to New York Post.

READ MORE

Angel Reese reveals why LSU players DECLINED to meet First Lady Jill before March Madness final

Olivia Dunne: Why did fan favorite TikToker and 'SI Swim' star quit gymnastics?

'Most people expected football, baseball, basketball'

Talking about her stardom and top sponsors, Dunne added, “As a woman, no one really expected a gymnast to be at the forefront of that. Most people expected football, baseball, basketball.” On the other side, Reese posed a number of stunning styles and colors in her shoot, scheduled at an art deco-style house in Los Angeles. Reese was named ‘Most Outstanding Player’ of the Final Four during this year’s March Madness tournament.

'We didn't want her coming into the locker room'

Last month, after LSU players declined to meet First Lady Jill before March Madness final, she later explained the reason. She said: "Apparently she was supposed to come to our locker room before the game but we said 'no'. She was supposed to come to our locker room and go to Iowa's locker room. I don't know if she talked to them. I don't know if she did. But we said we didn't want to. We didn't want her coming into the locker room."

Tags news