Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

2 suspects, including a minor, trespass into Colorado high school and thrash student in 'targeted' attack

2023-05-13 12:54
Despite being confronted by a security guard at the entrance, the assailants managed to bypass her and proceeded directly to their target
2 suspects, including a minor, trespass into Colorado high school and thrash student in 'targeted' attack

Warning: This article contains a recollection of crime and can be triggering to some, readers' discretion advised

ARVADA, COLORADO: A video has emerged of two suspects entering Pomona High School in Arvada, Colorado, and attacking on a student in the cafeteria. Despite being confronted by a security guard at the entrance, the assailants managed to bypass her and proceeded directly to their target.

While acknowledging the security breach, Jeffco Public Schools assert that the security guard followed all protocols and promptly recognized the intruders. "Unfortunately, those two disregarded the campus supervisor at that point and proceeded to go elsewhere," Jeff Pierson, executive director of safety for the school district, told 9News. Authorities believe that the attackers specifically targeted the victim. "Our campus supervisor did exactly what they're designed to do, and that's get on the radio and ask for backup."

READ MORE

'How did this guy get re-elected?': Texas Governor Greg Abbott faces backlash for blaming Allen mall shooting on growing 'anger' instead of guns

Dezirae Andersen: Woman who plunged to death from Times Square hotel after alleged beating by boyfriend was aspiring model

No weapons involved

The administrators intervened and ended the altercation, with an assigned Arvada Police officer arriving on the scene within two minutes. "I'm really proud of our team," he said. "I'm proud that the training we do for our campus security and our school administrators worked that day," reported the source. Jeff Pierson commended the swift response, highlighting that it prevented the need for a lockdown. The victim sustained minor injuries, and no weapons were involved in the assault.

Open campus policy under scanner

One of the suspects, a juvenile, was apprehended at the scene and is expected to face charges of assault and trespassing. The second suspect, an 18-year-old man, is also anticipated to face similar charges, as confirmed by the Arvada Police Department. The incident has sparked a discussion about campus safety, particularly concerning the open campus policy that allows students to move freely during lunch and free periods.

"I don't want to take some of that away, I think it's important that we find the balance of what still allows them to be high school students, but not at the risk of not having a safe environment," he said, as per the source. Measures to enhance safety on the open campus are being considered to mitigate future risks. Jeff Pierson concluded by commending the response of the school's security personnel and administrators, emphasizing the effectiveness of their training in handling the situation.

Tags news