Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Blac Chyna have a drinking problem? Former reality TV star celebrates 10 months of being sober amid dramatic transformation

2023-07-18 19:26
Fans and friends praised Blac Chyna after she announced the news on Instagram
Did Blac Chyna have a drinking problem? Former reality TV star celebrates 10 months of being sober amid dramatic transformation

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Blac Chyna has a good reason to celebrate. The former reality TV star and model released an Instagram video on Friday, July 14, in which she could be seen smiling and twirling to 'Inner Light' by Elderbrook and Bob Moses while she celebrated being sober for 10 months. She captioned the video, "Happy 10 months sober, clean eating, working out, staying in the word(bible), healing my mind, body and soul. My Inner light."

Chyna had spoken at length to People back in April about what was the reason she decided to turn her life around. She recently received an honorary doctorate in liberal arts and humanities from the Sacramento Theological Seminary and Bible College.

Did Blac Chyna have a drinking problem?

Chyna underwent a dramatic make-under by getting rid of her facial fillers and tattoos, and going back to using her birth name, Angela White. She also started attending church again.

In the video she posted to celebrate 10 months of sobriety, Chyna was seen twirling and beaming while wearing a plunging, ruffled purple top. She paired the top with a flared flowery skirt with a floral pattern and stilletos.

In a conversation with The Sun, the actress stated that giving up alcohol had helped her feel "more clear" and "present," stating she wanted to set and example for her children, 10-year-old King, whom she shares with Tyga, and six-year-old Dream, whom she shares with Rob Kardashian.

Chyna said, "On 14th [of July] it'll be 10 months, so September 14th, it'd be one year … not even a sip of wine or anything. You know what, I feel better overall. I just wanted to like clear like my body, my mind, my spirit, just everything as a collective. So I could really be present. I think a lot of people aren't in their present state. And I understand, like, why people drink or why they do certain things that they do because of the world that we live in. But if you do decide to practice sobriety you'll become more clear."

Chyna added, "A lot of times people … they'll get sober or do this because they had a DUI or like they did something crazy that they can't come back from. But I just decided to do it for myself." She exercises regularly and eats healthily, but she has had trouble giving up her favorite drink, Coca-Cola.

Chyna has been keeping her fans up to date about her make-under on social. She has undergone a breast reduction surgery, had her dermal fillers dissolved from her cheeks and jawline, and the silicone removed from her buttocks.

'You are glowing! So happy for you'

Fans flocked to social media to congratulate Chyna. Erica Mena commented, "Seriously so beautiful Angela Keep inspiring us." Celebrity chef Lorna Maseko commented, "Well done Angela." Another fan exclaimed, "Who said women in Jesus don't shine? look how radiant she is give your lives to God you will shine so much it's free, love you angelo you have everything it takes." Anothe rstated, "You are glowing! So happy for you." A third fan wrote, "So beautiful! Get it gurl you’re showing the world what a positive mindset can achieve. In my eyes you’ve done a complete 180 from what blacchyna was. Good for you Angela! Go get it! I’m he world is yours! Dream will be proud of her mama, but more importantly you should be proud!! Amazing."

Tags news epcelebs