Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is John Cena starring in 'Barbie'? Fans eagerly await movie as actor says 'he was blown away with the concept'

2023-07-14 18:48
John Cena's character in the 'Barbie' movie takes on a unique twist as he portrays a merman version of Ken
Is John Cena starring in 'Barbie'? Fans eagerly await movie as actor says 'he was blown away with the concept'

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: As the release of ‘Barbie’ draws nearer, the anticipation continues to grow, with many eagerly looking forward to the various iterations of both Ken and Barbie that the film will showcase. With such a star-studded ensemble cast, rumors about the 'Barbie' cast members have been circulating, leaving fans curious to know the truth.

One of the latest rumors making the rounds online is that John Cena, the former wrestler turned acclaimed actor, will be joining the cast as one of the Kens. So, is John Cena really a part of the 'Barbie' movie? Here's what is known so far.

John the ‘Kenmaid’

A recently released behind-the-scenes video from the set provided a definitive answer to this question. Although John Cena's appearance in the video was brief, he was seen fully dressed in his character's ensemble. In the movie, it appears that John will be portraying a merman version of Ken, sporting long and flowing hair, a necklace primarily composed of shells, and white arm braces with a blue accent. His character is known as ‘Kenmaid’.

The video also gave John an opportunity to discuss the project and express his excitement about being involved in the film. "I was blown away with the concept", John revealed. "I think it's going to be a movie that all audiences enjoy. I think it's going to be a movie that evokes conversation. I think it's going to be beautifully visually appealing”.

‘The audience will walk away with a mixed bag of opinions

John Cena's inclusion in the 'Barbie' movie adds him to an already impressive roster of actors. Among them is Ryan Gosling, who seems to be taking on the primary role of Ken. Additionally, Simu Liu, Ncuti Gatwa, and Kingsley Ben-Adir are part of the cast, portraying different versions of the character Ken.

Furthermore, John Cena expressed his enthusiasm for the diverse possibilities that the 'Barbie' story offers. He anticipated that audiences would have a wide range of opinions after experiencing the film. "I think the ideas behind it—I think the audience will walk away with a mixed bag of opinions, which I think is the greatest form of entertainment," he stated.

According to John, when a project doesn't elicit a universal response but instead sparks fiery debates and discussions, it creates a positive environment for engagement and discourse. He believes that this aspect adds depth and richness to the overall entertainment experience.

Tags news