Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Today' host Al Roker thought about granddaughter Sky's future during TED Talk on climate change

2023-07-16 15:20
Al Roker gave his first TED Talk in Detroit on Thursday, July 13, reflecting on the future of his granddaughter
'Today' host Al Roker thought about granddaughter Sky's future during TED Talk on climate change

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Today’ host Al Roker, who recently became a grandfather after his daughter, Courtney, gave birth to a daughter, gave his first Ted Talk on climate change at the TED Countdown Summit in Detroit.

The 68-year-old meteorologist and weather reporter was notably missing from his chair on the ‘Today’ show for a few days. However, he made sure to inform his followers about his whereabouts as he posted a video on Instagram of himself traveling to Detroit for his new assignment.

‘What kind of world does she have?’

Roker gave his first Ted Talk on Thursday, July 13. During his speech, he reflected on the future of his granddaughter, Sky, and spoke about taking care of the Earth. He said, “All of our grandkids and their kids, it’s going to be their world. What world are we leaving them?” adding, “This younger generation is going to fight this fight, so support them, support politicians who decide that our planet and its health is the more important thing, that climate change is the most existential threat to our survival." He concluded with, "And make sure that you do what you can. Be conscious of the decisions you make.”

Roker discussed his experience on ‘Today’ show with co-hosts Craig Melvin, Hoda Kotb, Dylan Dreyer and Sheinelle Jones. He said, “I really feel passionate about climate change. I just think it’s one of the things we all need to be paying attention to.” Referring to Sky, he said, “I kind of ad libbed it because I was literally holding little Sky last week in my hands and (I was thinking), ‘What kind of world does she have?’”

Al Roker’s Ted Talk

Earlier this week, Roker shared a video on Instagram where he explained that he was at LaGuardia airport waiting for his flight to Detroit. He mentioned that he would be speaking at a Ted Talk event about climate change, expressing his excitement as tjis would be his first Ted Talk ever. While the star host's absence may have surprised some viewers, he reassured his fans that he would keep them posted on his upcoming projects.