Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Logan Paul slammed over controversial tweet on boxing legend Floyd Mayweather: 'Stick to collecting Pokemon cards'

2023-06-10 12:17
Currently, Logan Paul is focused on advancing in the WWE, where he has a more flexible schedule and only shows up for big matches
Logan Paul slammed over controversial tweet on boxing legend Floyd Mayweather: 'Stick to collecting Pokemon cards'

SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO: Over the past several years, Logan Paul has entertained fans with some outstanding WWE matches, including his thrilling match with Floyd Mayweather Jr. However, Paul's audacious claim regarding his fight with Mayweather two years ago has angered fans.

Despite the fact that Mayweather should have won the fight without a doubt, the exhibition event ended without a verdict. On Tuesday, June 6, Paul took to Twitter to mark the second anniversary of his boxing battle with the legendary boxer. He claimed in a tweet, however, that he had defeated Mayweather in the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens. Paul wrote, "2 years ago I beat Floyd Mayweather."

'Stick to collecting Pokemon cards'

Fans who were familiar with the fight largely responded negatively to the tweet. While many criticized Paul for believing he defeated a retired boxer, others reminded him that Mayweather actually knocked him out and held him up so the fight could continue. One Twitter user wrote, “@LoganPaul Stick to collecting Pokémon cards.” A second user said, “No it was basically a tie AND that means you lost because Floyd is TINY and you could beat him! What’s he weigh like 150? Most women weigh that much. Come on man.” One user slamming Paul wrote, “It wasn’t even a tie he lost every round to Floyd.” While another user said, “You were concussed by a man 100lbs lighter than you and 20 years older to the point he had to keep you on your feet.. there is video footage of this incident."

Currently, Paul is focused on advancing in the WWE, where he has a more flexible schedule and only shows up for big matches. It will be intriguing to see who on the roster he pursues next.

'I feel confident I can get a WWE Championship'

Paul who makes bold claims quite often has big dreams of hosting three prestigious tournaments at once in the combat sports community. Paul discussed his thoughts on becoming the first person to simultaneously hold three titles on his podcast 'Impaulsive'.

He said, “I might have to do a UFC fight. I had this idea one day. I said to myself, I don’t think there’s ever been a simultaneous WWE, UFC, and boxing champion at the same time. I said to myself, I can probably do WWE, I feel confident I can get a WWE Championship. Boxing, one of their lower-tier, there’s a hundred different.”

This article contains remarks made on the internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online