Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What did Lizzo say about Chris Evans? Rapper's interactions with Marvel star resurface amid ongoing allegations, fans label her 'creep'

2023-08-03 17:54
Lizzo's controversy intensifies as past interactions with Chris Evans resurface amid the harassment lawsuit from ex-dancers, drawing criticism
What did Lizzo say about Chris Evans? Rapper's interactions with Marvel star resurface amid ongoing allegations, fans label her 'creep'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Pop star Lizzo recently landed in hot waters after three of her former dancers filed a lawsuit, accusing her of alleged "sexual harassment, weight shaming and creating a hostile work environment." Amid the ongoing backlash, Lizzo's viral social media interactions with Chris Evans resurfaced online and many claimed that her behavior towards the Marvel star should have been considered a "red flag" instead of being dubbed as jokes.

Former backup dancers, Arianna Davis, Crystal Williams, and Noelle Rodriguez sued Lizzo, her dance captain Shirlene Quigley and her production company Big Grrrl Big Touring (BGBT) on August 1 in Los Angeles. They accused the defendants of alleged sexual harassment, body shaming, religious and racial discrimination, false imprisonment, and creating a toxic work environment, among others, as per The Guardian.

A look at Lizzo's past interactions with Chris Evans

Several years before the allegations against Lizzo came to light, the 'Rumors' singer made news for her online camaraderie with Evans even though the stars never met each other in real life. Their interaction first began after Evans replied to Lizzo in June 2019 when the latter tweeted a clip of a fan dancing to her hit song, 'Juice.' "This kid is cooler than I could ever hope to be," the 'Captain America' star commented at the time.

In response, Lizzo jokingly proposed to Evans, writing, "Wow marry me." Nearly two years later, in April 2021, the rapper reportedly slid into Evans' Instagram DMs in a drunken state and sent him three emojis, a basketball, a woman playing basketball, and a gust of wind. "Don’t drink and DM, kids," Lizzo warned fans while sharing the screenshot of her text on TikTok. Evans responded to the singer once again, writing, "No shame in a drunk DM. God knows I’ve done worse on this app lol."

As the duo struck up an online friendship after their interactions, Lizzo took a step forward by creating a pregnancy rumor involving the 'Knives Out' actor. Back in July 2021, the rapper posted a TikTok video jokingly saying that she was expecting her first child with Evans. "This is something that I’ve been really trying to keep personal and private between me and the father of my child, but since we’re airing out all the rumors today, I’ve been sucking in. We’re gonna have a little America!" Lizzo wrote in a video, where she was seen cradling her belly as the OST from 'Captain America: The First Avenger' played in the background.

Evans sportingly responded to the joke and DMed Lizzo, saying, "Hi! Just heard about our little bundle of joy my mother will be so happy lol. Just promise me no gender reveal parties lol." The singer then went on to share the screenshot of Evans' DM with a caption that read, "Guess what besties? We secured the child support bag!!!" While fans had fun about Lizzo's initial interactions with Evans, some were left uncomfortable when the former shared one of her fantasies about the A-list actor.

"So, here’s my scenario. He’s naked in the green room. And he has body shots all on his chest. And I walk in and I slowly just suck them off. Okay. Sorry. Next question," Lizzo shared during a 2021 SiriusXM with Andy Cohen. In May 2022, the Daily Mail reported that Lizzo even reached out to Evans to collaborate with him for her then-upcoming album 'Special' but the latter turned down the idea with a laugh.

"I literally hit [Chris] up and was like, 'Play piano on my album' and he just said, 'Ha ha.' It would have been really cool, but unfortunately not this time!" the '2 Be Loved' singer allegedly said at the time. In the wake of the latest allegations against Lizzo, several social media pointed out that the nature of her interactions with Evans was "weird" and that the behavior was one of the alleged "red flags" about the rapper.

'The way she harassed poor Chris Evans was disturbing'

As Lizzo's interactions with Evans resurfaced amid the recent allegations, several social media users shared their disappointment over her past behavior. "Lizzo's behavior towards Chris Evans should have been everyone's red flag," one wrote. "#lizzo was always a creep, the way she harassed poor Chris Evans was disturbing. Not surprised she’s a bully," one stated. "Sorry but i haven't trusted lizzo since her weird behaviour towards chris evans, this doesn't actually surprise me she has sus vibes," tweeted another.

"Damn it! Not ok Lizzo, this is beyond disgusting. Can we NOW talk about the whole Chris Evans situation?! Her "crush" on him & sliding into his DMs & the whole fake pregnancy stuff?! Because that was some unhinged "stan" like behaviour that everyone kept applauding," one commented. "The lizzo thing doesn't surprise me all that much when i think about that one interview she gave where she mentioned her sexual fantasy regarding chris evans like girl was weird since the start," a fifth user wrote.

One tweeted, "that lizzo thing is weird cause the only thing that was weird to me was the way she talked about chris evans." Another said, "Remember when #Lizzo made multiple weird sexual comments about Chris Evans? She’s always been weird." One pointed out, "Ehhh she was unapologetically hard on for Chris brown and he’s a violent abuser, and publicly harassed Chris evans online bc she found him attractive. I don’t have an opinion on Lizzo, but her history isn’t all "safety and advocacy of others." While another added, "Lizzo being accused of SA surprised me but then i remembered she acted REALLY weird towards chris evans on instagram and then it made a lil bit of sense!"