Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'AGT' fans question NBC's rules as Sharpe Family Singers sing 'cliched' Disney song during audition

2023-06-28 10:27
'AGT' participants Sharpe Family Singers got a yes vote from the judges
'AGT' fans question NBC's rules as Sharpe Family Singers sing 'cliched' Disney song during audition

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'America's Got Talent' Season 18 hit off its sixth audition round with a soulful singing performance. The Sharpe Family Singers stunned the judges and the audience with their "million dollar worth" singing skills. However, one thing that caught the attention of the viewers was the family singing the Disney song.

The Sharpe Family Singers sang in sync to 'How Far I'll Go' by Auli'i Cravalho. As the family sang the Disney song, fans of 'AGT' wondered if the show has a specific catalog from which the singers select only certain songs for their performances. The Sharpe Family Singers not only impressed the judges with their soulful voices but also revealed how the patriarch of the family found the love of his life on stage.

Sharpe Family Singers get a nod from all 'AGT' judges

The singers of the Sharpe family include a mother, a father, and four siblings. The matriarch of the family revealed that they had wanted to come to 'AGT' for a long time. When asked by Sofia Vergara how the mother and father of the family met, the patriarch replied, "We actually performed on the stage, my wife and I, 30 years ago before we were married." He revealed that he had his first kiss with his wife to be on stage. Howi Mandel joked, "From production to reproduction." The Sharpe Family Singers shocked everyone with their beautiful performance and presentation skills. They received a standing ovation from the audience and 4 yeses from the judges.

'How much #AGT has to pay for rights of songs?'

Seeing the Sharpe Family Singers sing a Disney song made a fan wonder, "I adored the Sharpe Family Singers, but I also couldn't help but wonder how much #AGT has to pay for rights of songs or are there rules contestants can only sing from certain catalogs?" Another labeled the family singers "cliche" as they jammed on Disney song in their audition round. A fan tweeted, "....well that's cliche that a singing family sings a Disney song." Another slammed the contestant, "Be serious. Who’s going to want to see a family perform Disney songs? That’s what Disneyland is for." Furthermore, the fan wrote, "Btw this is not a Disney hate tweet. I love Disney but I don’t want to sing them with my family." Another laughed at the family singers, "The family singers... big evangelical vibes and if I'm wrong, fair enough but hey, they sing Disney tunes REALLY well."

New episodes of 'AGT' Season 18 drop every Tuesday at 8 pm ET on NBC.