Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Taylor Swift bisexual? Icon finally addresses speculation after Karlie Kloss rumors

2023-10-27 14:53
Taylor Swift said, 'I swore off dating and decided to focus only on myself, my music, my growth, and my female friendships'
Is Taylor Swift bisexual? Icon finally addresses speculation after Karlie Kloss rumors

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Taylor Swift has finally ended the long-standing speculations and stated that she is not bisexual, as per Daily Mail.

In the prologue from her upcoming album '1989 (Taylor's Version),' the 'Cruel Summer' singer has cleared the persistent rumors that she dated her former best friend, Karlie Kloss. The screenshots of Swift's prologue were leaked on Twitter before the album release.

Initially released in 2014, the re-recorded album titled '1989 (Taylor's Version)' was re-released on October 27.

Taylor Swift's vulnerable prologue in '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

The 33-year-old pop icon explained why she only hung out with women in her mid-twenties.

At 24, the 12-time Grammy winner faced s**t shaming for "dating like a normal young woman." She recalls that being portrayed as a "boy crazy psychopath" really started to hurt her.

She realized casual dating was impossible, and people always assumed she was "sleeping" with the men she "platonically hung out with."

"If I was seen with him, it was assumed I was sleeping with him. And so, I swore off hanging out with guys. Dating, flirting, or anything that could be weaponized against me by a culture that claimed to believe in liberating women but consistently treated me with the harsh moral codes of the Victorian era," wrote the 'You Belong With Me' singer.

"I swore off dating and decided to focus only on myself, my music, my growth, and my female friendships."

She also called out on people who relentlessly sexualized her female friendships. She "simply changed [her] behavior," hoping the people would change their narrative; however, her hope failed.

Taylor Swift's friendship with Dianna Agron sparked the rumors

Apart from relationship rumors about Kloss Swift's sexuality, speculations started when the singer and the 'Glee' star Dianna Agron became friends. Their friendship developed at a faster pace in the early 2010s. Gossip columns attributed this friendship to Swift being bisexual.

The speculations gained momentum when the pop star dedicated a song to Agron in her 2012 album 'Red.'

Swift has denied such rumors multiple times.

Taylor Swift is passionate about the LGBTQ+ community

In her 2019 interview with Vogue, the singer revealed that she is not a part of the LGBTQ+ community.

"I didn't realize until recently that I could advocate for a community that I'm not a part of, she admitted. "It's hard to know how to do that without being so fearful of making a mistake that you just freeze. Because my mistakes are very loud. When I make a mistake, it echoes through the canyons of the world. It's clickbait, and it's a part of my life story, and it's a part of my career arc," said the singer.

The 'Anti-hero' singer is currently rumored to be dating Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce.

Tags news