Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jennifer Aniston bizarre death hoax trend leaves fans in a state of panic

2023-07-07 20:53
Some of Jennifer Aniston's fans first panicked upon hearing the rumors, but they need not worry — she is in fact still alive and well
Jennifer Aniston bizarre death hoax trend leaves fans in a state of panic

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: If you are on the Internet, there's a good chance you've run across a piece with the headline "Jennifer Aniston died." It's a hoax, of course! For those who are unaware, the 'Friends' star is the most recent example of the bizarre trend in which well-known celebrities are fictitiously declared dead just to get a reaction from people online and deceive the public.

Strange rumors that Jennifer Aniston had died have been circulating online since July 5. It all began with a Facebook page titled "R.I.P. Jennifer Aniston" which received close to one million likes. 'The Murder Mystery 2' star is the most recent celebrity to fall victim to the trend of death hoaxes. This year, false online stories also claimed that YouTuber MrBeast and well-known artist Jay Z had died.

Who created Jennifer Aniston's bizzare death hoax?

As per MediaMass, those who viewed the 'About' page were given a credible narrative of the American actress' death. The post said, "At about 11 am ET on Wednesday (July 5 2023), our beloved actress Jennifer Aniston passed away. Jennifer Aniston was born on February 11, 1969 in Los Angeles. She will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page." An earlier web rumor stated that Aniston left this world on March 13, 2023. It is yet unknown who released the hoax, however it is said to have started spreading on Facebook first.

'Stop believing what you see on the Internet'

Aniston's die-hard fans panicked upon hearing the rumors, but they need not worry — she is in fact still alive and well. Aniston's representatives formally said on July 6 that she is not dead. "She joins the long list of celebrities who have been victimized by this hoax. She's still alive and well, stop believing what you see on the Internet," they stated. The 54-year-old celebrity was seen leaving a workout this week in Los Angeles, said The Sun.

'Always good to double check'

Social media users who discovered the death hoax posts of Aniston shared the facts on their accounts. A user wrote, "I was shocked to hear about the passing of Jennifer Anniston. I looked it up & it turned out to be a hoax. Always good to double check when we hear news like this." Another noted, "Oh my goodness Jennifer Aniston passed away. Buh my apologies its not real."

Tags news