Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Shane Gillis 'ripped' by Joe Rogan during friendly match after insisting UFC commentator 'can’t tap' him

2023-09-15 18:22
During an appearance on Andrew Schulz's podcast, Shane Gillis revealed details about his friendly fight with Joe Rogan
Shane Gillis 'ripped' by Joe Rogan during friendly match after insisting UFC commentator 'can’t tap' him

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Shane Gillis is a stand-up comedian, a radio host and podcaster. Gillis recently revealed getting "ripped" by UFC commentator and podcaster, Joe Rogan, during a friendly match.

On the episode of Andrew Schulz's podcast 'Flagrant' on Thursday, September 14, Gillis confessed that he had challenged Rogan to a drunken fight the previous week.

Who won in Shane Gillis versus Joe Rogan?

Gillis discussed his friendly fight with Rogan, stating that the latter won the non official match.

"He ripped my shoulder off," Gillis said. A former offensive lineman for the USMA Black Knights, Gillis towers above Rogan, who is only 5 feet 7 inches tall.

Gillis provoked Rogan into the argument and admitted that he was to blame. “I was hammered, so I was like, ‘You can’t tap me dude. Jiu Jitsu’s gay.’ I kept f*****g with him,” Gillis said.

"He tapped me like eight times, dude," Gillis said. Ari Shaffir, who was present in the room at that time, did not assist Gillis.

Gillis recalled Shaffir screaming, "Shane, you’re so much stronger than him, just stand up!" Rogan then reponsed, "No, he's not."

Gillis said, "No, no, absolutely not," when asked if he could defeat Rogan in a fight when sober.

Joe Rogan praises Saudi Arabia’s investment in combat sports

Rogan praised Saudi Arabia's investors who planned to invest in Francis Ngannou versus Tyson Fury for the Riyadh Championship belt.

The highly-anticipated boxing match is expected to generate substantial financial support.

When Young Jamie, the producer of Rogan's podcasts, displayed a photo of the Riyadh title belt for Fury versus Ngannou, Rogan exclaimed, “There it is, the Riyadh championship belt. The Saudi Arabian championship belt."

Rogan said, "Well, good for them. But hey bro, what they’re doing out there is wild. They’re throwing out wild amounts of money.”

The Saudis' "wild amounts of money" are also causing the UFC some concern, as Dana White and the business witnessed Endeavor's stock price fall by an unbelievable $800M.

All of this happened after a public investment fund with its headquarters in Saudi Arabia paid $100M to purchase some assets in the famed MMA league PFL.

In 2023, the PFL has seriously harmed the UFC twice. The first time was when they signed Ngannou, they were able to secure Jake Paul, one of White's worst critics.