Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

MrBeast slams copycats and regrets sharing his YouTube strategies online, fans say 'your ego has gotten way out of control'

2023-06-21 14:52
MrBeast said, ‘I thought people would use the knowledge to innovate and be inspired, but tons just copy exactly what I do and don’t change anything’
MrBeast slams copycats and regrets sharing his YouTube strategies online, fans say 'your ego has gotten way out of control'

GREENVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA: Jimmy Donaldson, also known as MrBeast, has revealed his biggest 'regret' after sharing his secret to YouTube fame, now that the platform is filled with his copycats, or as he puts it, 'MrBeast Clones.'

With over 161 million YouTube subscribers, MrBeast has overtaken all other creators in popularity over the past few years. Since then, he has discussed some of his formulas for success in interviews and podcasts with other creators.

'Kind of sad how many ‘MrBeast Clones’ there are'

On June 19, 2023, the pro YouTuber took to Twitter, to highlight a significant disadvantage of disclosing his YouTube success secrets. "Sometimes I regret going on podcasts and sharing everything I know about YouTube,” he explained on social media. “I thought people would use the knowledge to innovate and be inspired but tons just copy exactly what I do and don’t change. Kind of sad how many ‘MrBeast Clones’ there are.”

Since sharing his thoughts in a tweet, MrBeast’s comment has been viewed by 26 million people so far. In a reply to another user, Donaldson did make it clear that he’s okay with creators using him as inspiration for his content as long as it’s not an exact copy. He said, “That’s not stealing haha. We all get inspiration from somewhere, nothing is 100% original. Inspiration is okay!” Recently, an Indian YouTuber tried to copy MrBeast putting his life at stake while trying to create YouTuber's buried alive challenge.

'Your ego has gotten way out of control'

Although it's still unknown who exactly MrBeast was talking about in his now-viral tweet but netizens have actively shared their thoughts on his comments. A user wrote, "Imitation is the highest form of flattery". Another wrote, "anything popular will have clonesbeing a trailblazer is hard".Yet another commented, "You're not the next Steve Jobs, you're not Satoshi Nakomoto, you're literally a youtuber who makes videos for 5 year old kids on the internet, your ego has gotten way out of control." A fourth user stated, "Look around you jimmy, everyone gets paid nothing to work 90 hours a week, why would someone not try to mimic what you do? People are just tryna survive and i dont blame em".

Tags news